Shooting advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Shorten draw length.. Open hand, roll elbow out. Grip will change.

Comment

Change the grip first, if it is not off of the thumb pad and at 45 degree.

Make sure he has an open stance so his hips can rotate towards the target a bit.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	24662364

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority. I'd like to see a picture of him at full draw. Both front and back and from behind.

I suspect he's pushing his bow arm shoulder into the bow which is causing him to twist his elbow into the line. His DL could be too long, but it could be too short, too. And, could be he is over rotated into the stance and needs to "open" up a bit between the bow and his arm.

A few good, well lit photos will go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          I guess I'm in the minority. I'd like to see a picture of him at full draw. Both front and back and from behind.

I suspect he's pushing his bow arm shoulder into the bow which is causing him to twist his elbow into the line. His DL could be too long, but it could be too short, too. And, could be he is over rotated into the stance and needs to "open" up a bit between the bow and his arm.

Agree 100% but it seems to always be people trying to shoot too long either because that’s the used bow they found or because they are chasing extra speed.

People usually shoo too short of draw OK but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

You’re a girl, but I agree. Hard to assess a problem like this without visually seeing the shooter.

Comment

Working...
            X