Good news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    She's 14 and has started learning to cook. Its been a hoot watching and helping her. She says you have to get the seasoning just right and put plenty of love into it. I think she watching too many cooking shows.
    Lol! That’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      This thread has nothing about today's currents events.....that is a good news in itself.

-Dove season right around the corner...
      - I'm making my final top off trip to the deer lease this weekend. 3 days of work, evening relaxation and release from the everyday grind. Can deer lease work be considered rest from a house remodel? Welll I;m gonna try to make it that way... lol

-A little bad news with good news mixed in...My remodel is not gonna be finished before dove season. But the boss is fine with it since I got the new big screen installed for her Hallmark mystery movies and Netflix while I'm gone...

Nice.

Comment

This thread is awesome. Not been much positive happening lately!

I have a checklist- 1- Didn't wake up dead= may be a good day. 2- went #2= it is a good day! haha

Comment

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

But seriously, here is a feel good story. A 10 year old boy from Texas is on a mission to give away 500k books to those in need. His dream has grown legs and is up and running.

Orion Jean may only be 10 years old, but the number on his mind is 500,000 — that's how many books he hopes will be donated by the end of the month.

And lastly, we are blessed more than we will ever realize, even in our trials.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Congrats Houston Hunter, that's awesome.

Here's some good news from a page in my book.....

We left our only child (son) at A & M college station on Saturday.

Not a big deal for most per say, but when you only have one it kinda stings a bit.

I'm just glad we saw childhood through to the next chapter and were blessed enough to give him an opportunity I never had.
            He's enrolled in the Mays Business school program.

Thank God and Texas for the Hazelwood act.
            I didn't even know it existed until a few years ago or I'd have utilized it myself.
            Congrats sir. Gonna be in the same boat next year, sending our only child off to school, starting to set in.

Comment

One of my favorite Justin Todd Herod songs "Good News"
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vEPft8c_U"]Good News - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Bout to join the grandpa club here in 3 weeks or so...pretty stoked! TBH is still up and runnin'...that's kewl.

Comment

I spent three hours on the lawnmower this morning ! Now that may not sound like good news, but if you knew how bad post-covid has been kicking my azz, then you would know just how good I had to feel to mow this big ole yard. Not only that, when I came in I gave my JRT a bath before I showered. He didn’t appreciate it as much as I did…..

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I spent three hours on the lawnmower this morning ! Now that may not sound like good news, but if you knew how bad post-covid has been kicking my azz, then you would know just how good I had to feel to mow this big ole yard. Not only that, when I came in I gave my JRT a bath before I showered. He didn’t appreciate it as much as I did…..
                    Definitely good news.

Comment

Made it through another day at the bomb factory. Headin home for a cold beer.

Comment

I've got a full calendar this fall of outdoor adventures with my family. New Mexico private land cow elk hunt (possibility of a bull tag too, but don't know yet), Colorado fly fishing, TPWD archery deer hunt at Lake Mineral Wells, whitetail on a new place we're in the process of buying near Abilene, and a good dove lease full of sunflowers and stock tanks. Oh, and some duck hunting too.

Comment

Abilene (Wylie ) Little League is playing in the LL World Series. Game today @ 2:00.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            I woke up, lot of people my age didn't.
                            M.C. and I saw Willie Nelson play last Saturday. He played "I Woke Up Still Not Dead Again Today".

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              M.C. and I saw Willie Nelson play last Saturday. He played "I Woke Up Still Not Dead Again Today".
                              But he looked like somebody dug him up that morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                But he looked like somebody dug him up that morning.
                                Yep. He's getting OLD. I saw where he played in Austin the next night. I doubt he has many shows left in him. He couldn't really sing anymore. His guitar playing wasn't what it used to be either, but hadn't declined as much as his singing. I don't think he can hold a breath long enough to sing, so he just kinda talked through the lines pretty fast.

Still cool to see him one last time.

Comment

Working...
                                X