Who is familiar with…….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I think you were in minority of V10 owners that got better than 12 mpg.
    Mine will get 13 mpg when I have new tires. Typically it gets 11 to 12.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Mine will get 13 mpg when I have new tires. Typically it gets 11 to 12.
      I think the last year that Ford offered the 3:55 gears in the F250 was 2007. I had already “used up” three of them by then. “Used up” being an income tax term as I was in business at that time and putting 75k/85k miles per year on a truck, so it behooved me to stay in a new truck. I passed them down to my son for a deeply discounted price which made him happy and me happy. Those are the ones, plus my Excursions, that I could get the best mileage from. By the time I had to drive the others I was consulting and getting paid by the mile for my truck so It didn’t matter much. Now I’m retired and ain’t nobody paying me squat, so…………..

Seeing as how I said “used up” I need to clarify that the V-10 for me, was BULLETPROOF ! After I got out of my first one at 190k miles one of my operators bought it and ran it to over 250k before he got a wild hair and bought a Nissan If I had known I would have paid him more than they allowed him in a heartbeat !
      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 08-05-2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        What are your thoughts on the new 7.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        So far so good. I am getting a little better that 14 mpg when not pulling a trailer. It has the 3.55 rear end with a 10 speed manual and pulls my trailer with my Kubota tractor on it like it isn't even behind me. Of course, I lose a couple of mpg's but all in all no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
          So far so good. I am getting a little better that 14 mpg when not pulling a trailer. It has the 3.55 rear end with a 10 speed manual and pulls my trailer with my Kubota tractor on it like it isn't even behind me. Of course, I lose a couple of mpg's but all in all no complaints.
          A 10 speed manual transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            That may be, but I had two Excursions and five F250s with V10s. The last two pickups I only got 13/14 mpg, but that was because they discontinued the 3.55 gears and went with a 4:10 or 4:11. The others with the 3:55 gears got 16/17 mpg. ****** me off so bad that I bought a Chevy, but that temporary insanity didn’t last long.
            I know those V10's were built like a brick house.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
              A 10 speed manual transmission?
              Ha! It comes with lifetime replacement for left legs and right arms too!

Comment

Working...
              X