Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie Directional Feeder

Anyone tried one of them?

Would like to try a directional feeder at my place to see if the deer would take to it better than my spin cast feeders. My deer right now seem nervous to get under them and I’m thinking a directional may be the ticket. I know they’re cheap, but I don’t want to spend a bunch on one yet.

Thoughts on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junk in my opinion. Krivoman makes a nice directional.

Comment

Texas Hunter Products has an awesome directional. There’s a lot of benefits to a directional. I think my deer got more comfortable around mine.

We can get you taken care!

Comment

I use Moultrie’s directional feeders in a couple spots. They ain’t fancy, but they work well for me and for $100. I strap them to a large tree that has branches hanging over it so it’s somewhat concealed and have it throw corn along a travel route or edge of field from cover. I think they work really well and don’t stand out like a tripod feeder that makes some deer skittish. I’ve also used smaller 5gal hanging feeders high on a tree limb and think that’s also a good technique for skittish feeder deer. Good luck

Comment

I have two of them. They work good for the price. Only throw about 20'. I had a squirrel chew they one of the lids last year.

Comment

I bought a can of spray glue from Walmart and glued lots of pine straw to my feeder. Since then squirrels haven't messed with it.

That's my feeder on the tree, and a pop up blind in the background

Comment

I bought one but haven’t put it out yet. Gonna try this weekend.

Comment

I bought one of Krivomans units for an 700 pound feeder I built. Go ahead and spend the money on one of his. They will throw 60 feet or so. Been using it for three years with zero problems. Very heavy duty unit.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
                Last edited by DarrellS; 10-18-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I have heard nothing but great things about the krivoman ones! I may try this cheap setup and see how the deer react to it, and if they like it I'll fork up the money for the krivo's.

My place has a ton of young timber and I think if I can stick to the cover and sling corn/soybeans out on a well traveled trail I'll have success.

Comment

I have a 900 pound capacity Krivoman and love it however I just bought a brand new “One and Done” and so far very impressed. Throws corn up to 50’ in a 120 degree path. Heavy duty and for $325.00 not a bad price for the 130 pound capacity unit. Check them out.

Comment

I have 2 of these, the 30 gal and 50 gal. Both seem to be good so far.

The revolutionary deer, game, or fish feeder. Buy it for life as this is built to withstand punishment other feeders cannot. Easy set up, protection from bears and hogs, wide feeding range, all metal parts and flexible placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X