DSC Untamed Heritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC Untamed Heritage

I did a podcast with Larry Weishuhn and Ken Milam on Dallas Safari Club's Untamed Heritage. It was a good time visiting with old friends about hunting, I hope that you will tune in. https://blubrry.com/untamedheritage/...ary-Robertson/
    Not sure why my last name is misspelled....
    Thanks and Adios,
    Gary

‘Cause they didn’t know how to spell it Gary

I’ll have to check that out. Larry is good people !

Edit: I just listened to it. Very interesting !
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-16-2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

lol...Ken probably spelt it for em.

Good people in that bunch!!

I got to meet Larry and Chico on Ken't radio show. I got to go on a couple times and talk about OTF.

DSC is a great group based on the folks I've met.

Comment

Chico was there doing the recording and that was the first time that I met him. We recorded three episodes that morning and now we are planning to do a few more.
        I recorded a podcast with Houndsman XP and Shorty Gorham yesterday morning. We were sitting under a shed on a ranch near Batesville with 13 hounds in the pickup that we were leaning on. I kinda liked the natural sounds of the dogs groaning and occasionally barking.
        Adios,
        gary

Comment

Thanks Drycreek!!!!
          Adios,
          gary

Comment

BuckySWT, what is OTF???? I am sure that I am supposed to know but now days so many organizations go by initials.
            Thanks,
            Gary

Comment

Good stuff. Man these guys have a wealth of hunting knowledge

Comment

AntlerCollector, when you were born and raised on a ranch over 65 years ago and grew up hunting 200 days a year, you bound to learn something. As I said in the interview, I always wanted to learn and that is why I always hunted with guys that were 40 years older than me as I knew that no one my age had my experience. Another thing that I realized is that I never learned anything when my mouth was open.
                Thanks so much for listening!
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  AntlerCollector, when you were born and raised on a ranch over 65 years ago and grew up hunting 200 days a year, you bound to learn something. As I said in the interview, I always wanted to learn and that is why I always hunted with guys that were 40 years older than me as I knew that no one my age had my experience. Another thing that I realized is that I never learned anything when my mouth was open.
                  Thanks so much for listening!
                  Gary

Thanks for sharing. Guys like that won't be around forever. It's important to pass that knowledge along.

Comment

Larry agrees with you and I. Most folks were not raised on ranches and simply were never exposed to the thousands of hours outdoors, hunting or just prowling the country side. I have made every mistake while hunting deer, elk, predators and turkeys that a guy can make. If listening to these podcast improves your hunting success only one occasion, it may be worth tuning in. If not, hopefully we will at least entertain you for a few minutes. We recorded three episodes in one morning and the first was so well received that we are already planning several others. Thanks so much for tuning in!
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

DSC Untamed Heritage

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                      BuckySWT, what is OTF???? I am sure that I am supposed to know but now days so many organizations go by initials.
                      Thanks,
                      Gary

Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation
                      Larry is a spokesperson

We have an outdoor adventures curriculum that can replace PE in middle school and high school and it teaches wildlife conservation, archery, hunter Ed, fishing and boating ed, outdoor cooking, orienteering, etc. and gets kids involved in the outdoors!
                      Last edited by BuckySWT; 10-19-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

We need to get that curriculum offered in more schools, especially the rural areas where so many of the kids are interested in the outdoors and seek jobs in those fields.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

I’m workin on it

Got signed on as a NASP/OTF Recruiter.
                          Doing archery trainings like before but recruiting those coaches into the OA program too.
                          Going to be cranking up full seam ahead in January.

Comment

Working...
                          X