Thermacell Earth scent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell Earth scent

When I hunt around home where there are mosquitos I always use my thermacell with earth scent pads. My question is do y’all think it would be beneficial to run it in the hill country where there are no mosquitoes to aide in scent control? Provided I play the wind correctly and do the other things I know help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
      When I hunt around home where there are mosquitos I always use my thermacell with earth scent pads. My question is do y’all think it would be beneficial to run it in the hill country where there are no mosquitoes to aide in scent control? Provided I play the wind correctly and do the other things I know help

If you don't need it for mosquito then I wouldn't be introducing another scent into the mix.

Comment

I ran some by accident this weekend in a pop up. It smelled like someone set a bottle of Drakar cologne on fire. I would not use it if it was me not only for the smell but it gave me a **** headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          If you don't need it for mosquito then I wouldn't be introducing another scent into the mix.
          This... easy call

Comment

Agree if you don't need it then don't use it. Definitely not as bad this year with the current drought but there were skeeters in the hill country last weekend.

Comment

Just get earth scented wafers...

Comment

No mosquitos in the Hill Country? we have been covered in them as we have water holes everywhere......

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                  No mosquitos in the Hill Country? we have been covered in them as we have water holes everywhere......

Well let me be more specific; between Menard and Junction where it is currently dry as a bone

Comment

Alright cool. Thanks for the reply’s everyone. Sounds like I got a pretty good answer

Comment

I would not use it

Comment

I'd carry it with you. If you need it then use it. If not then don't. Been eaten alive on days in the hill country that I didn't think there would be skeeters.

Comment

I have a friend who says the pigs on his place ignore the regular scent but spook at earth scent. ... go figure

Comment

Mosquitoes never bothered me this last weekend in goldthwaite. I guess because it's so dry. But in east Texas ill use anything I got.

Comment

Working...
                            X