Buck Arrowed: Waiting Till Daylight to Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck Arrowed: Waiting Till Daylight to Search

Well my best buck showed up this evening and I got an arrow in him. He ducked the string and turned and his foot slide back so the arrow hit the shoulder blade. It was forward of ideal obviously but his turn and leg position made it worse. He ran off with the arrow sticking out of him. I have it on video and you can see a good cut on his side where the Rage expanded and you can see the arrow in at a downward angle angling slightly back maybe 6 inches of penetration.

We waiting an hour and looked just in the first 40 yards or so and didnt find anything so we decided to back out and wait till daylight. I doubt I will get any sleep tonight replaying the shot over and over again.

To make matters worse when he got hit he spun around and ran into the thickest part of the property we hunt on. I shot him facing the opposite direction hoping he would run that way but that didnt work out either.

Send some good vibes my way and pray we can find him in the morning!

Can kiss that meat good by if it is Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If he is hit in high shoulder that deer ain’t dead .

Comment

Originally posted by bowmanranchetx View Post
        Can kiss that meat good by if it is Texas.

Yea makes me sick! Hoping if hes dead atleast the coyotes dont get to him. But Im sure Ill be needing a new cape. In the end I'll just be happy to find him.....

Comment

Man that leave me over night works for the Midwest not in Texas. My farm someone shoot a good deer I will do my part to find them if it requires a morning search it happens but a dog and thermal will be deployed before I go to bed.

Comment

Any way to post the video?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowmanranchetx View Post
              Man that leave me over night works for the Midwest not in Texas. My farm someone shoot a good deer I will do my part to find them if it requires a morning search it happens but a dog and thermal will be deployed before I go to bed.

If it would have been a good shot I would do the same but the last thing I want to do is push a wounded deer and risk losing it. My place is not very big and where he ran to is close to property boundaries if he even stayed at all. I looked for 2 hours where I could and not risk pushing him out. I did the best I could do in that situation.
              Last edited by Adthomps; 09-29-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Good luck!! Positive vibes for a great outcome!

Comment

Good luck man. Wishing you the best.

Comment

Dang man. Good luck

Comment

Prayers sent, hope you find him soon.

Comment

Good luck, hope you find him

Comment

The Monday morning quarterbacks always come out in these deals. You’re doing the best you can with the situation you have. Best of luck to you man.

Comment

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X