Outdoor Theme Tattoo - The Power of 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Theme Tattoo - The Power of 3

So, about 10 years ago I made some quick decisions and decided that I needed to put something permanent on my body. As time wore on and my quick decision started to fade and look old, I decided that I would move in a different direction and get it covered up. I talked to multiple artists and discussed some ideas. A lot of them weren't comfortable with covering up something this size properly. Until I met Pete, the owner of Pistol Pete's Tattoo Saloon in Arlington. He felt like he could use his skills to get a quality tattoo as well as cover up my old one. We started with this piece of art.

Fast forward to yesterday. It was finally my turn after waiting two long months for my first session. I arrived at 2PM to find Pete still stenciling, cussing the whole time about how much line work this piece involves. About 4PM he finally got the stencil set on my back where he wanted it. I know it doesn't look too impressive right now. But, here is some progress pics of what we got done.

Main stencil placed

Skin Rips stenciled on

About halfway done with line work and some minor shading for layering the skin rip ink properly on my next session.

Our stopping point for this session. I know it doesn't look like much. But, as I go for more sessions it will begin to improve

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks good bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
      Looks good bro!

I appreciate that. This is going to be a little more time consuming than I, and the artist, figured

Comment

Following...can't wait to see the end result. That's gona be a lot of hours. I am 14 hrs into mine and have about 20 to go

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          Following...can't wait to see the end result. That's gona be a lot of hours. I am 14 hrs into mine and have about 20 to go
          It definitely will be. I think the artist figured on 2 hours for line work and it ended up taking 4. I just HATTTEEE shading with a passion. Something about just grinding and grinding that color in wears me down.

Comment

In for final pics. Should be nice once finished.

Comment

Your tougher then me!!!

Comment

Dumb non-tattoo guy question. Are you not showering until the next session, or will that stenciling not come off? Or do you just stick it back on?

Comment

Sub'd. That's gonna be badazz after a few more sessions.

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                  Dumb non-tattoo guy question. Are you not showering until the next session, or will that stenciling not come off? Or do you just stick it back on?
                  They'll re-stencil it.

Comment

That will be really cool when they are done. Definately want to see the final pics.

Comment

dude....thats going to be awesome

Comment

Good thing you didn't go to the pen before you got that covered up

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                            It definitely will be. I think the artist figured on 2 hours for line work and it ended up taking 4. I just HATTTEEE shading with a passion. Something about just grinding and grinding that color in wears me down.
                            I'm the exact opposite. The outline eats me up and the color just feels kinda numb. I got a primitive fish hook done today on the bottom/inside of my bicep. That was a tender spot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Man best response ever.... I literally spit out my bourbon.

Comment

Working...
                              X