No announcement yet.

2015 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why everything is getting picked up so fast this year?

Gonna be interesting to see how many deer lotto numbers are issued. Could get up to 1,000 if it keeps going like this. Hard to believe they've been issuing permits for just 6 days and it's up to 312 already.

I guess it is comforting to know that out of the 474 that have picked up their general permits, 162 did not put in for the deer lotto. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

I also like the fact that they are still implementing the 20% redraw at the beginning of November this year. At least, I believe they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
        I wonder why everything is getting picked up so fast this year?

Gonna be interesting to see how many deer lotto numbers are issued. Could get up to 1,000 if it keeps going like this. Hard to believe they've been issuing permits for just 6 days and it's up to 312 already.

I guess it is comforting to know that out of the 474 that have picked up their general permits, 162 did not put in for the deer lotto. Good luck to everyone.
        There were a ton of guys there getting waterfowl permits when I was there on Friday. They didn't put in for the deer either.

What's sad is they will draw the permits for deer and there will be 75 permits or more that don't get picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          There were a ton of guys there getting waterfowl permits when I was there on Friday. They didn't put in for the deer either.

What's sad is they will draw the permits for deer and there will be 75 permits or more that don't get picked up.
          Peeked over the counter and saw the "Disqualified Hunters" list, seems to grow larger and larger each year.

Comment

What is the general permit for? Hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
              Yes sir. And squirrel I believe.

Comment

If you have not gone by the hunting area off 377, you need to. The water is almost up to the parking lot at the knob hill park. The place is flooded. Really hard to describe.

Comment

Wow, waterfowl is already gone?

It's only been a week. I guess everyone is counting on all this water to bring in the ducks. Guess I'm going today.

Comment

Just left the office with general permit #505.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                      The general permit is good for pretty much any varmint. Hogs are bow only though. You can use bow or shotgun on everything else though. I think it's good for dove too. Might want to verify with the game warden. I haven't done my research before posting this, so I may be off a bit (please no critical responders).

Comment

I received permit #333 hope I get another crack at it this year.

Comment

Talked to the lady who issues the permit after lunch. I'm going to swing by there at lunch tomorrow since my name isn't on the DQ list. Sounds like they have around 240 general permits left.

Hope I can get lucky in the deer lottery this year.

Comment

Got general permits #552 and #553 and my lucky (I hope) lottery ticket for the deer draw.

Comment

Good luck boys, I've been looking into some of the public land where all you need is the $48 APH permit to hunt (in case I don't get drawn), specifically Somerville. I live in San Marcos full time once the season starts, but I've got some pictures out at Grapevine that would make me make the drive back to Dallas, haha. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Yeah, I was considering an APH this year also.

Comment

Working...
                                X