No announcement yet.

"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was down there last sat and the lake was open but the park was closed. Any Idea when they might reopen it?

Comment

Originally posted by josephd19 View Post
      I was down there last sat and the lake was open but the park was closed. Any Idea when they might reopen it?
      I heard it won't be open this year at all. There are other forestry roads to camp on.

Comment

yeah we normaly stay at the bushy creek camp right off hwy 7 just east of ratcliff. The warm showers sure were nice at the park though.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          The lake is open. The park with all the camp grounds is still closed. It's been closed for 3 years. What park are you talking about?
          Hey, you are right. I missed the fact that the camps were still closed. I knew very well when it was closed. I lived in Ratcliff when the tornado hit. Scary stuff!

Comment

I cant wait to head back up there again. Last year was my first time and I had a blast.

Comment

One thing has changed for the better iIn Kennard. The Country Church Café serves one of the best steaks you will ever eat in a restaurant! Friday and Saturday nights. We should all get together the evening before season opens there for a get-to-gether.

Comment

Florida boy here and those pics are great.......the terrain looks like Georgia. Good luck to all of you guys for opening day of archery.

Comment

Nice Bucks Guys

Comment

ive been thinking of heading out there,prob just hike around see what i see.
                    they got camping out there to

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      One thing has changed for the better iIn Kennard. The Country Church Café serves one of the best steaks you will ever eat in a restaurant! Friday and Saturday nights. We should all get together the evening before season opens there for a get-to-gether.
                      Great minds think a like. I was about to suggest that or have one at my place and play some cards or 42.

I am down for anything

Comment

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
                        Great minds think a like. I was about to suggest that or have one at my place and play some cards or 42.

I am down for anything
                        I love some 42. Bunch of strangers might be better off meeting up at the café though.

Comment

I love some 42. Bunch of strangers might be better off meeting up at the café though.
                          What's 42?

Comment

A domino game.

Comment

I believe you're right Steve; maybe we can talk the cafe into letting us play a couple games

I have met most the guys that hunt in that area that are on here but you never know
                              Last edited by TXhunter77; 09-10-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I haven't eaten at the country church cafe yet. I always ate at the burlap bag. The closed 2yrs ago I think. Now it's just a trip to currys and a bag of chips and then of to the woods. I'm gonna have to go and try the steak!

Comment

Working...
                                X