No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have an idea what kind of odds there are for drawing a rifle permit?

Comment

Last year all I saw was other hunters. I didn't have a bike and had to hunt areas with tons of others huntets. I did find seed ticks and a ton of chiggers! I missed 2 days of work because this. good luck to everyone hunting down there. If you kill something at LA, you earn it!

Comment

last yr sent aps from main Post office in san antonio in early am aug 1, got permits 199 & 200 for 2nd hunt. decided to make a vacation of getting permit this yr. just to make sure.

now w double # of permits for #2 its a mutte point but taking wife and bikes for a few days in deep south tx always good. anyone else showing up at the refuge thursday for permits?

Comment

Originally posted by bobfishbw View Post
          Last year all I saw was other hunters. I didn't have a bike and had to hunt areas with tons of others huntets. I did find seed ticks and a ton of chiggers! I missed 2 days of work because this. good luck to everyone hunting down there. If you kill something at LA, you earn it!
          permethrine

Comment

Been ready for days got app for first archery hunt and putting in for rifle hunt also chances are small to get drawn for rifle hunt but ya never know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
              Does anyone have an idea what kind of odds there are for drawing a rifle permit?
              Well 175 total hunters for all 5 hunts and each app has up to 3 hunters and if all apps have the 3 hunters that bings the amount of apps needed to 58 ish so if they get average of 600 apps your chances are about 10% on the low side !!!!

Comment

I got picked for rifle hunt 4 yrs ago. shot a 4pt and a doe. 1 out of 15yrs of trying for a permit....good odds. keep submittin.g you never know

Comment

Rhino, you going early Thursday morning?

Comment

I stoped by there today and got my applications for both hunts and the gun lottery . I be there early to get in line .
                    I hope this will be the year I get picked for the gun hunt . I lost count how many times I put in for it and did not get picked .

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bolt View Post
                      Rhino, you going early Thursday morning?
                      10-4 T-Bolt will be there by 7am !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino427 View Post
                        10-4 T-Bolt will be there by 7am !!!
                        hey bro am i missing something, is it a tradition, or u just like to stand in lines? LOL

wife & i will be in town tonight through sunday a.m. if anyone is up for dinner, bike the tourist loop etc.

Comment

I got drawn for the rifle hunt the first time I put in for it. My bro on the other hand got drawn twice back to back. Still a good fun hunt. I took a Nilgai bull with my gun. Shot and hit plenty with my bow but never found any of them. Maybe this year I can take one with my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                            hey bro am i missing something, is it a tradition, or u just like to stand in lines? LOL
                            Rhino likes to see who gets the number 001 permit, ha ha ha

Kinda like, who gets the first bale of cotton to the gin.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bolt View Post
                              Rhino likes to see who gets the number 001 permit, ha ha ha

Kinda like, who gets the first bale of cotton to the gin.
                              He's weird like that

Comment

I've never hunted the second hunt. Which do y'all think is better? And why?

Comment

Working...
                                X