No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures will be taken and I hope to have my first yote to hang on the wall in the trophy room. It will be more than likely a shoulder mounted snarwl look

Comment

Sounds perfectly legal to me assuming you are at least 50 yards inside the forest and 150 yards 300 recommended) from a permanent structure.

Eagle

Comment

is there a rule on hunting trails???

Comment

you might try calling him in

Comment

I'm going to pass on trying to call them in, I imagine the yotes in Sam might be keen to a distress call plus I don't need them circling around and busting me. I'm just going to plop down middle of trail facing one direction and enjoy the heat, become one with nature and wait for one to cross in front of me. I consider myself a rather simple man during the offseason when hunting.

Comment

hunting on roads is illegal

Comment

I agree hunting roads out there is illegal...thats why I'm just going to hunt this trail.

Comment

Look forward to your pic's and story

Comment

Ksig, after your last sighting I never saw any of them again. I came at several different times and never saw any of them. I do not think anyone got him, I think he just moved in the woods again.

I do not think I am going to be able to make it out the 4th, and I will have to see about after that.

I got a new to me vehicle, so I can finally scout in style, AND A/C!!! Should be able to make it out there soon.

Fish, seems like your on a good spot and possibly may produce come october. I would not give up on it yet. Just keep an eye on the camp. Even if they use it in the reg. season, you still have the whole archery only season.

Comment

You called it a rock road and it appears to be a road, does it have a gate, if vehicles travel up and down it, then it is a road.

Comment

This has never been very clearly stated in the rules. I have been told you can't hunt the roads by published material and the GW. I have also told verbally that it pertains to only the "open" roads. Now most if not all roads are open to hiking, horseback riding and bicycles year round. A warden years ago would wait for this one guy that hunted a road that had a closed gate on it and was always trying to catch him hunting it. I don't hunt roads or trails so I don't have to worry about it. If anyone has more info on this it would be nice to post here.

Comment

anyone scouting on the 3 day weekend??

Comment

I'm headin up tomorrow to look at some area west and NW of cleveland... This'll be my first year to hunt Sam Houston

Comment

Seems like not many people (on TBH at least) hunt east of 45? I read through all last years thread and I think only one member mentioned anything about hunting on the east side. I am going to focus soley east of 45for this season. If it bombs I'll join the rest of the group on the westside next go around.

Comment

My buddy and i switched to the east side last year when our old spot on the west side got too crowded. My buddy shot a nice buck and doe. I shot a nice doe and passed on some nice bucks that were just too close to the anter minimum. I like it and its a little bit closer for me than where i was going out by 219

Comment

Working...
                                X