No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 7th or so year done there! Everyone knows there are no deer there, so I bring my own

And it never hurts to hunt with the deer and hog whisperer!!!! .
    You know who you are.

Comment

well fellas bugscuffle is dang nice 2200 acres of critters. tons of blackbucks, axis, white tail, turkey, and pigs. have seen tons of pigs got out yesterday evening had 3 200 lbs pigs 2 boars one sow. watched em come to 50 yards of me and my uncle who wad been stalkin axis walked up and jumped the pigs. goin back out in a few

Comment

Go gettem Girsh!

Comment

I'm glad to see some productive "trash" thrown around for a change. I mean that in a good way, don't mean to step on toes. Whitney/Aquilla aren't easy, but it is fun and rewarding. There are really good folks, and there are some that think it theirs. Also, others that will help and assist in whatever you need. I tend to think that what you are seeing on the board are the good ones. Take that into retrospect as far as information. I'm not going to "give-away" my spots, but it's public land-we all pay for it.

I've had better luck with water level high. As a tip, a couple weeks ago the Brazos was full, and clear. And, I'll probably be banned for this- if your walking in to hunt, you have only scratched the surface of both tracts.

Tomorrow I'll be scouting on Lake Texoma!

Comment

I was just thinking of writing TBH on mine and my girlfriends spots like i have said this will be my 20th season in the same two trees and in that time have not seen maybe 10 other people at 400 yards if not ferther there does seem to be good people on here and if anybody wants to meet at the burger shack for coffee it would be great to meet some of the people we are hunting with and if anybody runs in to one of my sets atleast do somthing funny for the cam and hopfully not take it

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Cool notes Eric . But everyone knows that Whitney don't have any deer and was really at Aquilla . J/K ya brother. We will have to G-2-g some time very soon !
              You got it. I'm going to be talking with you and a few others on here when season starts...I got a heck of a deal for you guys..

Comment

Is everybody else ready for this season to start. I know I am. Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?
                Last edited by Ricky J; 08-15-2010, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Not so much as a different route as they alter their current route, unless it floods. Then they move all togeather to a different area. But once the water begins to receed, they begin useing thier old areas again, even if they have a little water in them. I have seen them in slightly flooded areas where the water was 0 to 24" deep. Sometimes they will bed up on little dry spots and wade around eating the soft waterladen vegitation. Then and again, I've seen them swim creeks back and forth as part of a semi-natural route. Some young bucks love to swim .
                  Thank you. What you say makes sense. We scouted a unit yesterday, and I could tell just how far up the water can come at times.

Comment

I hunted Aq last year. I had not hunted there since before it went bow only. I am leaseless now and, to be honest, I haven't missed the countless trips to the lease this summer. I sold my blind, feeders, shower set up and camper this summer because I will not be using them for a while. I had more fun at Aq last year than at my lease. I was 1 hr from my drive to my tree.

Comment

I leave a note on dash board to show where Im at. Guys we should get together at the Hiddaway on 22 and a cold one sometime. The burgershack is awsome.....good breakfast.

Comment

The burgershack is great i have the number in my phone to call in orders

Comment

Well I'm back only killed a feeder leg will be posting pics tonight

Comment

How far are you guys driving to hunt out there?

Takes me about an hour and a half, give or take, depending on the unit.

Comment

30 minute drive.

Comment

35 to 45 depends how much of a hurry we are in

Comment

Working...
                                X