Official 2019 Astros ALCS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    I am not saying he is a bad pitcher, far from it. But he is not in the same world as our #1 or #2 and is a toss up whether or not he would be our #3 or #4. It is a much more level playing field then people are claiming.

We won 107 games this year. The Astros are historically good. While I will say that good pitching beats good hitting most of the time, the lineup we have is deadly. The Astros have been TERRIBLE this series with RISP and eventually that will change. Water always finds its level and whether they can do it the next couple of games or not, I expect them to be playing for the World Series next week.

Yes I am a Astros homer but I like this team a lot and so does Vegas!

Hey I'm with you, but just nervous about the bats lately and the way Tanaka had their number last week seems to be cause for nervousness, plus the fact that Greinke has been less than impressive, even less than OK in the playoffs was the reason for my 5 innings/3 runs for Greinke being concerning... The Yanks are throwing their best pitcher against what is our "3rd" or worse pitcher WRT the playoffs... THAT's what's concerning to me... I'll be sitting in front of the tube yellin' hard for the Stros tho!!

Comment

I am not saying he is a bad pitcher, far from it. But he is not in the same world as our #1 or #2 and is a toss up whether or not he would be our #3 or #4. It is a much more level playing field then people are claiming.

We won 107 games this year. The Astros are historically good. While I will say that good pitching beats good hitting most of the time, the lineup we have is deadly. The Astros have been TERRIBLE this series with RISP and eventually that will change. Water always finds its level and whether they can do it the next couple of games or not, I expect them to be playing for the World Series next week.

Yes I am a Astros homer but I like this team a lot and so does Vegas!
      Water will find its level (or like the stat nerds say there will be regression to the mean) over a season, but a 7 game series is too small a sample size to say that about.

I think the Astros will snap out of it eventually, but I don't expect it to be tonight against Tanaka.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Hey I'm with you, but just nervous about the bats lately and the way Tanaka had their number last week seems to be cause for nervousness, plus the fact that Greinke has been less than impressive, even less than OK in the playoffs was the reason for my 5 innings/3 runs for Greinke being concerning... The Yanks are throwing their best pitcher against what is our "3rd" or worse pitcher WRT the playoffs... THAT's what's concerning to me... I'll be sitting in front of the tube yellin' hard for the Stros tho!!
        It goes both ways though. Being that our 3rd is against their 1st, JV and Cole against their 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

I still like our chances. Greinke had a quality start last time out. People act like he was bad....he wasn't. He went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs. That wins you the game most of the time. Us not being able to hit was the issue. I don't forsee another 1 hit performance from this lineup when seeing the same guy twice in under a week. These guys make the big bucks to make the adjustments. That is the biggest thing about this team to me. I feel like they are all very professional and are able to make adjustments faster then most any team I have followed in the past.

Comment

I still like our chances. Greinke had a quality start last time out. People act like he was bad....he wasn't. He went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs. That wins you the game most of the time. Us not being able to hit was the issue. I don't forsee another 1 hit performance from this lineup when seeing the same guy twice in under a week. These guys make the big bucks to make the adjustments. That is the biggest thing about this team to me. I feel like they are all very professional and are able to make adjustments faster then most any team I have followed in the past.

You keep talking...I’m liking what you have too say [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              You keep talking...I’m liking what you have too say [emoji28]

LOL! Sounds like they need him in the dugout for Hinch's moral support!! Just remind him that sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                LOL! Sounds like they need him in the dugout for Hinch's moral support!! Just remind him that sprinkles are for winners!
                Hell I don't even cost that much! Happy to lend my services

Comment

Hell I don't even cost that much! Happy to lend my services
                  I found your new Avatar....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Official 2019 Astros ALCS thread

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    I found your new Avatar....

I’ll gladly take it when the Stros head to the Series [emoji6]

Comment

That is a good point, and I don't see Tanaka shutting down the Stros either. He isn't gonna give up too much either though.

Unfortunately, the Yanks are seeing Greinke for the second time tonight also. I am hoping he will find his groove tonight.

Comment

Hopefully the Astros studied film of Tanaka to try and get a clue to help them hit against him. Their bats need to wake up, especially Alvarez. Not the right time to have cold bats. I don't care how good your pitcher is, having more runs than the other team wins every time.

Comment

Thank God there is no Buck tonight.

Comment

You have the pitch tracker on strike 1 to Bregman, rtp? Hope Greinke gets that call. We know he won't.

Comment

Yall act like the Yankees are a buncha talentless scrubs.

Lol.

Bronx Bombers.

Don't let the crowd get fired up with a lead...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

First 2 pitches were close and no calls for Zach

Comment

Working...
                                X