No announcement yet.

Who else isn’t a fan of a .300blk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the hogs I have shot, drop right in its track, but all I have used is the 110gr & 120gr Barnes

Comment

Bullet selection plays a big role in the effectiveness of the 300bo. I have killed a bunch of critters with the 110 TTSX, 110 V max, and a few others. On the other hand I have had to do a few follow up shots on larger pigs with those bullets. I started loading a 125 Sierra pro hunter SP bullet and the first animal I tried it on was a 500ish pound Sambar deer, the bullet made a clean pass through both shoulder blades and exited. The Sambar made it about 50 yards before going down. All that being said there are better options in the AR15 platform, 6.8spc, 6.5 grendel, 25-45 Sharps, etc.

Comment

I’ve ear holed pigs with sub 22 rimfire...1000fps is 1000fps be it 40 or 240 grains. Throwing a football & if your poi is good to hit the ear the pig will drop. You gotta hit them at the distance you trust the gun within a hundred yards & at that flagged spot. Lots of the time you can see your bullet if the light is right.

With the others... the 300bo shines with 110’s going as fast as you can push them with H110 or W296. Go to a lever big bore if you wanna play the slow game.

Comment

I’ve had two uppers for the BO. One I bought whole and the other I built. I sold both. I always wanted it to be a 30-30 in an AR, but it’s not. I killed a couple pigs with the round, but it always seems anemic to me.

I’m not a fan.

Comment

I've killed a ton of pigs with my .300. Its a 16" though, and I normally use 120 Sig HT's, 110 Barnes, or 135 Hornady FTX. I will occasionally use the 190 grain Hornady Sub-x but those shots stay within 60-75 yards. Others most shots are inside of 150.

Comment

Seems to get the job done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                I’ve had two uppers for the BO. One I bought whole and the other I built. I sold both. I always wanted it to be a 30-30 in an AR, but it’s not. I killed a couple pigs with the round, but it always seems anemic to me.

I’m not a fan.
                A 30-30 in an AR would be a 7.62 x 39 if you always wanted one.

Comment

Its basically a 7.62 x 39
                  I've kill a pile of critters using the hornady 123 grain. Lots of pigs

Comment

I like my suppressed .22 more than my .300 BO., it seems to work more consistently.think im gonna sell the BO

Comment

Using supersonic ballistic tip we have never had an issue at 100 or less with 300bo

Comment

I think most guys get the b/o thinking suppressed. But then find out how slow the thing is and get really discouraged by the not so efficient performance. But just like mentioned above. You have to pick your shots and the correct round and its in my opinion a barely sub par round. I'd rather use a 22 myself. Then I'm forced to ear hole them. I've had 4 buddy's that we're all about the b/o in its introduction. Neither of them still own one.

Comment

Subs suck. I only shoot supers in a 100 yards or less.

Comment

I shoot all my pigs with my BO with subs. I never take a shoulder shot though. At that distance, not sure why you would take anything other than a head shot, with any gun.

Comment

I don’t have a 300B/O but I have a friend that guides thermal hog hunts. He used to shoot the 300B/O and doesn't own them anymore.

Comment

Have one, shot a hog with it, hog ran off with no blood trail. It has been proven by many but mine sits in safe now...I prefer 6.5G for lightweight AR hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X