Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bout a bladed gap wedge away

Comment

450yds.

Comment

About 1/2 mile.

Comment

Anywhere from 400 yards to 1.5 miles. Usually .5-1.5 miles. No motorized vehicles during season unless it’s to pick up an animal. Started this several years ago and it works on the non-welfare deer. You’d be surprised the bucks that show up when they have no idea someone is around.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                So many short walks. Anyone think the short distance to the vehicles hurt any hunting?
                South Texas brush is THICK. If you're rifle hunting senderos then there is absolutely no need to park a long ways off. Just tuck the truck off in the brush and climb in.

Comment

Most walks are between 100 and 200 yards .

Comment

Prolly 300 yards

Comment

if I park at the road, its almost 1/4 mi. If I can drive to the creek, its 100-200 yd walk-in.

Comment

230 yards with a red lens headlight.

Comment

3.1 miles round trip for a couple of weeks, while on COE draw hunt. Otherwise, about a half mile round trip

Comment

Depends on how bad I gotta chit.

Comment

I walk 1/2 mile to my primary hunting spot. I only drive the Rover or a 4-wheeler down there to fill feeders or recover a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                                So many short walks. Anyone think the short distance to the vehicles hurt any hunting?
                                I actually think walking long distance hurts. I am more like to make deer more nervous. I've notice at our place the deer very seldom just all butt when driving our UTV's. They may trot behind a bush but its not a panic flight. The opposite is true if you are walking sneaky. They since danger and bolt. Forget the scent trail laying down as well. Also I have a 100lb road feeder on mine so I corn around feeder, scendaros, shooting lanes. then go park and make short walk to my stand. Usually I have deer in the sendaros before I even get settled.

Comment

Working...
                                X