Suzuki Kingquad help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Kingquad help

Good friend of mine offered to let my family use his 4 wheeler. Lives in town and has not ridden it in a long time so instead of life in back yard, it would get life in shop and regular light use on 12 acres. Putting around with kids down the creek and checking game camera.

Since it has been parked a year it has gotten “sick”. Motor starts up with new battery I put in. It runs but tops out at 11-13 mph. After about 5-10 min just putting around it will start leaking water from the hose. So that is on the list to replace or looks like it could be up a a bit further and tightened back down.

Internet search leads me to thermostat replacement, and a belt on one side.

I do not see any place for changing gears so I assume it is automatic or belt drive like the polaris SXS.

Fires right up

Have to give lots of throttle to move it

Tops out at 11-13 mph if on level ground, slightest hill down to 4-5 mph.

Over heats in 5-10 min.

No warning sings of over heat just the hose leaking, so maybe not over heating just leaking. Radiator is also full.

What are my next trouble shooting steps?

I want to make it better than when I got it. Plus want to be able to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you need a new thermostat and carb cleaning.

Comment

That is an auto transmission. You may need to replace the drive belt. YouTube will tell you how to inspect, clean, replace.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

All king quads have several different gear shifts for variety of gear ranges, make sure that you do not have it in 4x4 super low it will only crawl if so.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            That is an auto transmission. You may need to replace the drive belt. YouTube will tell you how to inspect, clean, replace.

.....and God Bless America.

That is what I was thinking. Watched a video last night on it and the way I wanted to go.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
              All king quads have several different gear shifts for variety of gear ranges, make sure that you do not have it in 4x4 super low it will only crawl if so.

Not in 4x4, has a high and low only. Push button goes into 4x4 and even diff lock. It was for sure lower and slower. Actually have to ride in low to get up the slight hill, less than a drive way slope. Unless I am going to rev it to the max just about.

It has yet to “ change gears” so to speak. That I could feel. Seems like just more RPM louder it gets and mildly gets faster.

No idea how this machine works.

Comment

Any ones else have one of these? Some youtube videos show working on the belt. Do these not have gears like a transmission?

Comment

Working...
                X