Have snake boots ever saved you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have snake boots ever saved you?

Anybody ever been struck with them on? I now wear mine everywhere, just curious if they have saved anyone from a bite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weekend one of our members stepped on a rattler in the dark. So yep

Comment

No. But strangely enough my daughters pants saved her ( apparently ) a few days ago. She was bringing her horse back up front and had to cross the creek as it was getting dark. ( shallow dry creek usually ) As she was coming back up something hit her leg and she looked down and it was a copperhead. Pretty small, maybe 16" long. Dont know if it was just warning her or really trying to envenomate, but she said it hit hard enough to scare her when it hit.

Her jeans are boot cut so pretty loose down there.

Comment

I would have shi$ all over my self.

Comment

It's saved me from stressing out about getting bit.

Comment

Not snake boots but Danner Elk Hunters saved me from two bites from the same snake stepped on hm knew what the first one was just didn’t want to take my foot off him till he was dead

Comment

I'm one of those that wears shorts and boots, and always have. A pair of Red Wing work boots saved me from a water moccasin many years ago. I was bank fishing a small lake which is now Lakes at Grand Harbor in Katy. I was fishing and just minding my own business when I felt something "pecking" on my boot. I looked down and this little two footer was striking the heck out of the side of boot! If I had had shoes on I would definitely had gotten bit. I'm highly allergic to bees/wasps so I've always wondered what a snake bite might do to me.

Comment

A friend of mine was bit on the top of his foot a couple months ago with snake boots on. They did not help. It was a big rattle snake.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                  A friend of mine was bit on the top of his foot a couple months ago with snake boots on. They did not help. It was a big rattle snake.

This is what scares me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope I don't have to find out!
                    I don't go anywhere on our lease without them.

Comment

Hope I don’t even find out if my fail or not!!

Comment

I don’t own any snake boots and never really thought I needed any but Saturday evening I almost stepped on this guy. I am always cautious but I did not notice him until he twitched his head a little before I dang near stepped on him. Might be shopping for some in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                          I'm one of those that wears shorts and boots, and always have. A pair of Red Wing work boots saved me from a water moccasin many years ago. I was bank fishing a small lake which is now Lakes at Grand Harbor in Katy. I was fishing and just minding my own business when I felt something "pecking" on my boot. I looked down and this little two footer was striking the heck out of the side of boot! If I had had shoes on I would definitely had gotten bit. I'm highly allergic to bees/wasps so I've always wondered what a snake bite might do to me.
                          Almost the same story here. I was fishing a pond with two friends years ago and was standing in a few inches of water to clear the limbs behind me with my cast. I had just made my first cast and was working a topwater past an old stump. I saw something in the water at my feet but didn’t want to take my eyes off the lure. When I finally looked down I saw that I was standing on the tail of a small cottonmouth, 18” long or so. He was swimming but couldn’t get out from under my Red Wings. I was gonna reel in and whip him with that plug but he decided to bite me. Since I was standing on him, he couldn’t get much of a strike. He hit me somewhere near the top of the boot and I did a backwards broad jump ! Only trouble was, his fangs, or one of them, was hung in my jeans. I was jumping and kicking, the guys across the pond thought bees were after me, ( much to their amusement), and I was scared he was gonna land on me when he came loose. He finally did, fell in the water and swam off. Close call with a cottonmouth number three for me.

Comment

Yep , while filling up some feeders, I stepped on a rattlesnake ( I guess the corn attracted more than deer)
                            And one time we heard a snake underneath the house and the ranch owner squirted some gasoline under the house, and about 20 rattlers or more came crawling out , and my truck
                            Was parked in high grass ( so everyone was mindful till I could burn the grass down and apply more gas under the house to drive the other snakes out)

Comment

From a snake, not yet, but sure saves me from stickers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X