Fender Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender Bender

I just crashed into a lady, my fault truck locked up and ran into her. It just rained here a good amount. No injuries and we both have the same insurance. I’ve never been in a accident so what’s going to happen next? Damage was a couple of scratches on her vehicle and a dent on my truck.

If it’s under $1,000 or so I’d pay out of pocket and not report to insurance company

Comment

Do not admit fault, let someone else sort it out. At the worst you will get a letter from your insurance saying they paid the claim. If you have Germania you will probably get a letter stating they have dropped you, it happened to my wife her second claim in 17 years.

Comment

Progressive insurance both of us.

Comment

Got a ticket for failure to control speed.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
            If it’s under $1,000 or so I’d pay out of pocket and not report to insurance company
            She was driving a leased Mercedes, who knows what damages would come out too. Basically small scratches and plastic trim had marks.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
              She was driving a leased Mercedes, who knows what damages would come out too. Basically small scratches and plastic trim had marks.
              Yep your gonna have to turn it in..

Comment

Let insurance handle it, why you pay them.

Comment

Happened to me, and the guy sued me for 1 million.... He is now the nice new owner of an insurance fraud investigation....

Comment

accident

I am a adjuster, and there is no such thing as a small scratch on a benz, I write for parkplace dallas grapevine and ft worth... let Flo handle it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                      I am a adjuster, and there is no such thing as a small scratch on a benz, I write for parkplace dallas grapevine and ft worth... let Flo handle it for you
                      What do I need to do on my end? How much does my insurance go up? Do I need to pay anything up front?

Comment

Whatever you do, don't let it steal your joy amigo...you pay ins for a reason & this is it & already in motion.

Where did the rain get you?? I would work on the speed control issue to see what you could do to minimize. Wish I could help but never been through it & would just want to guard my driving record & ins cost issues in the future.

It is what it is...roll with the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Whatever you do, don't let it steal your joy amigo...you pay ins for a reason & this is it & already in motion.

Where did the rain get you?? I would work on the speed control issue to see what you could do to minimize. Wish I could help but never been through it & would just want to guard my driving record & ins cost issues in the future.

It is what it is...roll with the punches.
                          Thank you I’m trying to stay positive. I used to work in the court for 6 years where the tickets was issued. Hopefully I can handle it easily .

Comment

I imagine since you both have the same insurance company, you will probably each
                            pay your deductible and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Contest the ticket in court. The other party in the crash likely won’t show up, so they’ll (should) dismiss the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X