No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is "Untitled" by William shelly on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Daylight of Bulldog. Won’t score a ton but post mature and character for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So here is to roasting myself....I felt like a dumb ***** after my visit to the lease this weekend. Last time I was at the lease was the 2nd week of August. I hunt in Anderson County and decided to go up this weekend and check on everything and make sure all feeders were full, blinds were Hornet Free, Etc. Get to my first camera and only had about 20 pictures on it and the batteries were dead 3 days after I was last there. Go to the next camera and find out i left it on "Setup" mode instead of ON. So Zero pictures there. Cant believe myself. Oh well!

Good part of it all is vacation time is now approved for hunting the New moon (4 days of hunting) and the full moon (5 days of hunting) in October!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Pulled card today in Houston County and have my target narrowed down to this funky guy. He is 5.5 this year and I love weird racks...
        don't know where you got those pics from, but there aint no deer in Houston co....

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
          don't know where you got those pics from, but there aint no deer in Houston co....
          You're right. I stole them from the internet. Nothing but mosquitoes and coons up there. Sorry to mislead folks

Comment

Anybody have updates on deer movement around Evadale/Vidor area. Have a large tract of timber land, been feeding year around and havent seen any buck movement hardly at all. Few bucks at night

Comment

Originally posted by C-beck View Post
              Anybody have updates on deer movement around Evadale/Vidor area. Have a large tract of timber land, been feeding year around and havent seen any buck movement hardly at all. Few bucks at night

Guess I’m not too far from you in Bon Wier but 80% of my deer movement is at night. Some does and young bucks come by feeders on cooler days but they seem to bed down at night

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

It was a long two days in Polk co. We planted around 800#’s of buck forage oats and moved a bunch of stands around. Did lots of lane clearing and bulldogging. Finally getting this new place set up the way we like it on year two. I found a good shed from one of our 4.5 yr olds from the yr before that we call Goblin. It was lots of work but it’s fun when the whole lease joins in. We have community stands and all share the lease equally, just hunt the trophy deer. It’s easier to get help for work weekends but it’s a lot of work for 6 guys on 1200 acres when every stand needs a bunch of work. I’m glad I’m about done with all my deer lease prep. My buddy will plant newton for me and I’ll plant around the house in October. Now I’m Just waiting on my wife to domino with our baby girl. Maybe get a few bow hunts in if I’m lucky.

Last edited by Tshelly; 09-17-2019, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I have found a few bucks in our Cass County area
                  And a couple big hogs that are going down.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    You're right. I stole them from the internet. Nothing but mosquitoes and coons up there. Sorry to mislead folks
                    Interesting that your coons and skeeters are hard horned....or perhaps more interesting that my coons and skeeters aren't yet. I am about a mile off the Trinity in SW Houston Co. and as of 10 days ago (last time I checked pics) all my skeeters and coons are still in velvet

Comment

Interesting that your coons and skeeters are hard horned....or perhaps more interesting that my coons and skeeters aren't yet. I am about a mile off the Trinity in SW Houston Co. and as of 10 days ago (last time I checked pics) all my skeeters and coons are still in velvet

You are in the right spot. I had a place that was on that walker/hou line about a mile off the river for about 6 years. Good luck on the [emoji3082] out that way

Comment

Does anyone know of a hog trapper or, someone who leases those cell controlled gates for hog traps?
                        We have a group of around 20-30 40-50lbs that we need to get rid off.

Comment

Strong work Tony and that place looks down right pretty!

I drove up to my Houston County lease yesterday and spread 250 pds of seed out on my two food plot areas ahead of this rain. The ground was like powder sure hope the area gets a good soaking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            You are in the right spot. I had a place that was on that walker/hou line about a mile off the river for about 6 years. Good luck on the [emoji3082] out that way

We border 7J on their northwest corner, we've got 54 acres so not the biggest but its ours. Lots of family land around too and we try to manage the herd well. Been looking for more access in this area but its real hard to come by.

You kin to the Shelly Ranch bunch over here off of 2915?

Comment

We border 7J on their northwest corner, we've got 54 acres so not the biggest but its ours. Lots of family land around too and we try to manage the herd well. Been looking for more access in this area but its real hard to come by.

You kin to the Shelly Ranch bunch over here off of 2915?

I had 80 acres next to Rocking W and the Eastham unit. Thats probably some distant family, my grandpa was one of 14 kids. They farmed a lot of the country north of huntsville around Pine Prairie, that’s where he grew up. Great genetics and deer. I passed a ton of deer out there I wish I had shot but I would get locked in on one or two deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Strong work Tony and that place looks down right pretty!

I drove up to my Houston County lease yesterday and spread 250 pds of seed out on my two food plot areas ahead of this rain. The ground was like powder sure hope the area gets a good soaking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man that looks great Johnny. Some solid destination plots there. I’m pumped to see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X