GFCI....where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GFCI....where is it?

Beyond frustrated at this point trying to track the logic on where this reset might be.

I have a game room that is on one end of my house. It has an exterior door that leads to breezeway that has garage on opposite end.

The 6 outlets in game room are tripped with GFCI, but my garage is not - all of those are on. Kitchen is on. Adjacent water softener is on. Wash room is on. Bathrooms are on.

I thought it might be a breaker going to the happy hunting ground but all breakers tested out fine on voltmeter.

So my question remains...where is the most random place a GFCI reset outlet may be? Trying to follow this builder logic hasn’t paid me any dividends. House is 10 yrs old.

I thought most of those outlets have a reset on them.

Comment

Front porch

Comment

Breezeway maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
          Front porch
          Front and back porch both reset. Nothing.

Comment

I have not found any tripped external outlets (only have 2) and even checked the well house in the event it wAs wired for one, which it is not.

Is there such thing as a GFCI finder?

Comment

My old house the garage and exterior plugs was wired to a GFCI plug in the master bathroom. Drove me nuts when it first tripped. An old electrician told me to check there and he was right.

Comment

Look in a closet. We have one in my wife's closet, zero reason why it should be there...

Comment

Check the garage. I have one there.

Comment

Bathrooms and garage checked out.

Looking in random *** closets now.

Comment

Maybe an exterior plug outside that area? Sprinkler or rain might have hit it?

Comment

Found one in bottom of my closet.

Comment

I went through this last year and an electrician buddy ended up finding it wired into the henway. He was very confused about that.

Comment

May not be a gfci the the electrician may have stabbed the wires instead of using the screws on that outlet.
                            Pull it out and see if one of the wires worked its way out

About half of the electrical problems I check out are this issue

Comment

Anywhere there’s a chance for moisture, did find one at wall behind a dishwasher once, dummies unbelievable, not sure who installed it tho

Comment

Working...
                              X