Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Few Thoughts on the Mathews V3 31" (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Thoughts on the Mathews V3 31" (Video)

Here are a few of my initial thoughts on the V3, mostly compared to my Traverse (which I still love!) I plan on doing a few more comprehensive setup and shooting videos ahead of next season, as well. Let me know if you have specific questions about the V3 31". Kevin has the 27", so I'm sure he can be a resource for anything specific to that model.

Feel free to drop a comment (and like/dislike) on YT, as well!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNlezdKl-Hc&t=91s"]Did Mathews Make a Mistake with the V3 (31 and 27)? - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

I do, and I love it. Both of our V3s have proven to be deadly! [emoji3517]

Comment

My son just purchased the 31” V3 from West Houston Archery. Fully decked out. The GAS strings on it look sharp in red. Whole setup looks great.

Comment

Great video. Blane said he liked the draw on the 31” V3 better versus the 27”. I bought the Vertix and really like it. However, the V3 is just a great setup.

Comment

Good video. I would like to chat with you about the single sit pin you have on it. I am looking for a single site pin change myself for 1) longer shooting (western) and 2) clearer site picture.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
            Good video. I would like to chat with you about the single sit pin you have on it. I am looking for a single site pin change myself for 1) longer shooting (western) and 2) clearer site picture.
            Let me know next time you're in town and you're welcome to check it out and even shoot a bit. Or just give me a call to chat about it.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for the video. I’m interested in the V3

Comment

Interesting bow and interesting review Michael. Im glad your hand healed up good.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Interesting bow and interesting review Michael. Im glad your hand healed up good.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

I moved to the V3 27 from a Halon 6. Prior to the V3 the Halon 6 was my absolute favorite bow. I just loved it, and I killed quite a few critters with it. It was very forgiving and seemed to correct some of my mistakes.

I find that to be true of my V3 as well. Very well balanced. Not too heavy. It is quite a bit quicker than I expected it to be. It took me about an hour to get past the super short A2A. I did have to adjust my anchor. Right now this V3 is my favorite ever.

Michael and I discussed that we might want to try it without a stabilizer. I haven't yet tried that, but it is coming soon!

Comment

Buddy just picked up the V3 31.5. Its closer to what he likes in a bow ATA as do I . Great review and video as usual Michael. I'll make sure I send this to him.

I did tell him, that it's a dang shame he spent all that money and still only has the second best looking bow in camp... #TraverseCoolClub

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        I moved to the V3 27 from a Halon 6. Prior to the V3 the Halon 6 was my absolute favorite bow. I just loved it, and I killed quite a few critters with it. It was very forgiving and seemed to correct some of my mistakes.

I find that to be true of my V3 as well. Very well balanced. Not too heavy. It is quite a bit quicker than I expected it to be. It took me about an hour to get past the super short A2A. I did have to adjust my anchor. Right now this V3 is my favorite ever.

Michael and I discussed that we might want to try it without a stabilizer. I haven't yet tried that, but it is coming soon!
                        I'm still shooting without the stab and shooting AT LEAST as well as with. I want to do some actual tests with and without soon.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Buddy just picked up the V3 31.5. Its closer to what he likes in a bow ATA as do I . Great review and video as usual Michael. I'll make sure I send this to him.

I did tell him, that it's a dang shame he spent all that money and still only has the second best looking bow in camp... #TraverseCoolClub
                        Thanks Jason. I need to put a rest back on the Traverse and do some shooting comparisons with it, as well.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

I did not shoot the 31, but I did buy the 27. I am looking forward to getting it dialed in, but its pretty sweet to have my first new bow in over 10 years.

Comment

Great video....but I LOVE the new profile pic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Thanks Jason. I need to put a rest back on the Traverse and do some shooting comparisons with it, as well.
                              Don’t do that!... you might be trading that V3 for a Prima for Hannah and going back to it .[emoji23]

Seriously though, that would make an interesting video.

Comment

Working...
                              X