Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable or Take Down Smoke House

Sorry. Double post.
    Any ideas on something that anyone has done in the past for a smoke house that can be easily set up and taken down, then stored? This will be used for a few hours of cold smoke by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who just built one out of plywood. It was 4’x4’x8’. It had 2x4s notched out for dowels to set in that he hung sausage from. In one end, he had a small door that he would slide in a metal bucket that he built a small fire in to create the smoke/heat. When he would use it, he just set it up in his detached garage. When done, it just came apart in panels to be stored.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
      I have a friend who just built one out of plywood. It was 4’x4’x8’. It had 2x4s notched out for dowels to set in that he hung sausage from. In one end, he had a small door that he would slide in a metal bucket that he built a small fire in to create the smoke/heat. When he would use it, he just set it up in his detached garage. When done, it just came apart in panels to be stored.
      I have something like this. Has hinges where it just folds together it is like 4X4X4. Works great & easy to store.

Comment

Some good ideas and thoughts.
        Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For cold smoking you could use anything. I use my grill just because the racks are there already and it already smells smokey. I have a smoke tube that uses the same wood pellets as my pellet grill that I use for cold smoking.

Comment

Looking at building something similar. On a small 4x4x4 house on a set of cinder blocks does the smoke need to be piped in? Will it get too hot inside the house to put a small fire or coals in pot inside the house? Wanting to cold smoke more than cook.

Comment

Buy a used walk in freezer or cooler. Those panels can be assembled or disassembled.

Comment

Working...
              X