Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County
Default Do you believe in ghost?

We have lived in our house for 15 years. It is a two story with a 20' ceiling and a cat walk that leads to a loft.

During the last 15 years, I have many occassions looked up at the catwalk from my uneasy chair thinking that someone is on the catwalk looking down on me.

My daughter who has slept upstairs by herself for the past 10 years (her brother went to college and never came back home) has commented that she has seen a little girl in the loft area a few times. We all had a good laugh about it.

A few minutes ago, my 2 1/2 year old grand daughter came to the catwalk and was telling me in 2 1/2 year old speak that someone was waving at her. My daughter translated as usual.

My daughter said that they were in her bedroom singing songs when my grand daughter got a look on her face on disbelief. As though she could not beleive what she was seeing. Then she began to wave at the doorway. She then told my daughter that they someone/something was in the doorway of their bedroom waving at her. My daughter asked her if she wanted to go into the loft and look for them. She said "yea". She then they stood up and looked out of the bedroom door into the loft area looking for what ever waved at her.

Then she came to the catwalk to explain to me that someone had waved at her. I then got my wife and we all went up stairs to have the 2 year old tell us what she saw. She said that someone had waved at her. She would not say if it was a boy of girl or how big it was. But she kept looking in the rooms that surrounded the loft area.

I am convinced that she saw something but what, I have no clue. A 2 year old would not be able to make up such an occurence unless it happened.

This really freaks me out to have this happen after we have joked about this all of these years. To have my 2 year old grand daughter lead this episode with no coaching makes it even more weird.

I am not a crazy person...I wished I was and this really did not happen!!!!
gekko man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
sailor
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I'm not even gonna try to explaine what happen. Cause I got nothing.
But, I do not believe God, would have a "gray" area between us and him. IMHO
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
stuntriderant
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Elgin/Bastrop county

My mom and dads farm house that i grew up in is one that you can stand in the middle of the house and see into every room. Ya know the ones where there are doors everywhere!! The home was built in the early 1900s. It is very much occupied by a ghost or ghosts. Not gonna go into detail but believe me they are there. My mom and dad arent the type of people to feed into things like this but they will tell any one about thier experiences at the house.
stuntriderant is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
KingsX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion ,Tom green co.

A room picture would be nice of the 20' ceiling and cat walk so we can get the visual down first!
KingsX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
scissorhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnels co. Colorado Co.

Look on the bright side. The ghost was waving and saying hello. Gotta be a good ghost.

I thought I would tell you that to calm your nerves.

Rob
scissorhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
Draco
Pope & Young

Without a shadow of a doubt, I believe in ghosts. I never did untill we bought our first house. It was built in 1917 and had three people die in it over the years. There is not enough room hear to tell you all the things that went on in it the 16 years we lived there. We did learned her likes and dislikes though.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
I'm not even gonna try to explaine what happen. Cause I got nothing.
But, I do not believe God, would have a "gray" area between us and him. IMHO
My belief as well......

It was just too wierd. She was not scared in any way. God did and does have angels.

I would tend to believe that it was one of God's little angels. My grand daughter did not react in a negative way at all.

I need a little help right now...maybe God has sent me some help to get me out of this gray area I am in on earth.

I am sure it was an angel visiting my grand daugther.
gekko man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
psicoo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hardeman County(Quanah, TX), Tom Green County(Eden, TX), Grenada & Fayetteville, MS., Russell, KS.,

I would not call them ghosts, but spirits, and I do believe they are present and real. I could share a few experiences.
psicoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
brushsniper
Eight Point

I've been told that young kids are able to 'see' things that adults cannot. Some of it gets really technical with brain waves, vibrations, etc. The end result being the older you get the less inclined your mind or brain is able to see things from the other side. Obviously, this does not relate to all adults but for the most part a high percentage.
brushsniper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
Cuz
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central & West TX

I do not believe in ghosts. To me ghost sighting are along the same lines as black panther sightings. Sure something was seen but a black panther is not what was seen. Again same for ghosts, something was seen but more like a shadow or reflection than a ghost.
With things like ghosts, black panthers, big foot and such I keep falling back to the same theory. There are to many cameras going everywhere literally all the time for there to be NO hard evidence. A lot of sketchy stuff but nothing "for sure".
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #11
BoneDigger
Pope & Young

I do not believe in bigfoot or the lock-ness monster. I don't believe that there are aliens watching our every move and checking on us from time to time.

I do believe in ghosts.

I have had experiences, not many, but a few, and I know what I saw and what I felt. No doubt about it in my mind at all.

Todd
BoneDigger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
Draco
Pope & Young

The things that were going on in my house went on for about six years and finally tapered off to none at all.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #13
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

I too beleive in ghosts

gekko, this is the first thing that came to mind when you described your g-daughter's experience
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
angrybroadhead
Ten Point

Hunt In: North Texas & Leakey

We moved into my Great grandfathers house to help him when his cancer got so bad. I live upstairs which was added on over the garage but was seperate from the rest of the house. I could sit up at night and feel footsteps moving closeer and closer to me while I was in bed. This happened several timesbefore I said something to my parents. They had never told me that my great,great grandmother died in her sleep in MY BED when I was 2. There were Interesting things that happened over the years...my family said they were not doing any of it. At one point I was considering going into the ministry. When I came home from work one night, a famy bible was sitting on my bedstand. Who knows....I figured it was family so no worries!
angrybroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #15
Bobcat
Ten Point

Draco, what did she dislike?
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie County

I believe nothing I can't prove by reading the bible. Another word for the Holy Spirit is the Holy Ghost. So to me, a ghost is simply a spirit. The bible teaches us that angels are spirit based entities as are demons. The bible teaches us that demons are fallen angels. There are examples in the bible of how these spirits can indwell other entities. Jesus cast out many demons and even told some they could enter a herd of pigs. I believe the Holy Spirit is in each of us believers. There are also examples in the bible of how spirits without form can take a form and appear to humans. The simplest example of this is how the angel appeared to the sheppards to announce the birth of Christ. There are also many examples of how these angels can cross over to us and go back. Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord (Genesis 32:21-32). A chariot of fire came down and took Elijah away (2 Kings 2:11).

To me an answer can be found in the bible to your question. Don't trust my words here, see for yourself. The good part, as you stated, is that you may very well have been visited by an angel. The bad part is it might not have been an angel, but a fallen angel. I do not think you were visited by a dead person.
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #17
chongo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Yes! When I was 6 I got up in the middle of the night to get a glass of milk - being that I was 6 I went through the back door to the back porch to pee - then went back inside to get my glass of milk. Our back door had those older metal type blinds that rattled and clanked when you opened the door, everytime. Our back door had the door handle lock and 2 deadbolts. I specifically remember locking all three locks that night before getting my drink because the top lock always stuck and took some umpf to lock it and I was trying to be quite so I didn't wake my parents up. I opened the fridge and pulled the milk out and when I closed the fridge I noticed the back door wide open and something was in the doorway - I remember standing there for what seemed like hours and it was probably only a few seconds before I ran to get my dad. When I woke him up and we wen't into the kitchen the kitchen light was on -- I did not turn it on and the back door was still wide open, I didn't open it, I know I closed it, I did not hear the blinds rattle when it opened. I don't know what I saw, but something was there and I know 100% that I shut and locked that door and short of a couple hits from a sledge hammer or a tornando that door wasn't going to be blown open by the wind especially with both deadbolts. That freaked me out pretty good. I can't explain it to this day but it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

On another occasion - more recently - in high school we had a school function and were allowed to take our own vehicles. So my buddies and I took my truck and headed to the function - except we had a couple bottle of jack with us. I proceded to get ripped throughout the night and when it came time to leave my friends were not going to let me drive - well I somehow got my keys from one of them got in my truck, locked it then started it thru it in reverse and when backing up almost hit another car - I put it in drive and started out of the parking lot - when I stopped at the exit to look before getting on the road I remember looking in my rearview mirror and I was just able to make the shape of a man out - and I heard the words "Don't do it, you won't make it" 2 times and then I saw my truck wrapped around a big tree on the side of the road that I was going to take home. I remember it clear as day and won't ever forget it. I put it in park and called my buddies over - they drove me home and made sure I got in alright. I can't explain that - maybe it was the booze maybe not - but I know for a fact that had a drove home that night I know I would not have made it. To this day I do not get behind the wheel if I think I might have had to much to drink - everytime I think about it I think back to that incident - guardian angel, maybe who knows.

I am not crazy but I can't explain what I saw or what I heard on those 2 occassions - ghosts, angels, spirits - I don't know, but I know I saw and heard something. There is still to much that is unexplainable in this world for me to say whether I beleive in ghosts and what not - but until it is proven otherwise I will always lean to the side of believing.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #18
alien77721
Ten Point

Hunt In: As far as the arrow flies!

I've never had an experience with anything like that. I've felt that uneasy evil feeling, but I am convinced that it is of the devil. If you ain't in the word and prayed up, get there. I found that I stopped caring about ghosts when I was at ease at calling my Fathers name!
alien77721 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #19
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Polk/San Jacinto

I haven't ever had anything like that happen to me, but one of my best friends swears up and down he did and he isn't really the type to just make it up
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #20
Clay C
Pope & Young

dont know about ghosts but i definately believe in something unexplainable. Too much wierd stuff used to happen at the house we used to live in. This is going to sound crazy but I swear Im not. Every once in a while when I would be laying in bed It would feel like a hand rubbing you on your chest, plain as day I would be wide awake and it just continued and whatever it was was definately a hand u could feel the fingers. Cant tell u how terrifying that was. I cant tell you how many nights I layed awake petrified. It happened to my mom a few times too so I know I wasnt crazy. Also I had the old school sliding closet doors, they werent terribly hard to slide but they definately took some force, no wind or draft could close them. One night I was wathcing tv in my room and my closet door slammed shut really hard. I thought it was my aunt playing with me so I opened it thinking I was going to bust her and there was no one. Also my mom would always come in my room asking what I wanted and I would ask what she was talking about and she would say that she heard me call her name. Also my brother swears he saw what he could only describe as a "shadow man" in the hallway one day. Lots of other stuff like sinks turning on right infront of us and some other stuff that id rather not talk about because it will make me seem crazy haha. I dont know if theyre ghosts but there was definately something in that house
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #21
crittergitter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: rocksprings,dam-b

les are you the only owner of your house?

are you sure it was waving and not giving her the hook em horn sign....

blake being from LA you better believe in the magic/super natural ....
crittergitter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #22
LivinADream
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Winnie, Piqua KS

cant say that i whole heartedly believe but havent ruled it out. that being said, in an apartment i used to live in the microwave would turn off and on randomly. bad outlet? faulty microwave? who knows but i never payed it much attention but i always said my ghost is hungry. one night about 4 am the lucky girl of the night wakes me up freakin out. she said "WAKE UP, YOUR MICROWAVE IS ON WHO IS HERE?" without even thinking about it, being half asleep i said "my ghost is gettin his midnight snack" 'ol girld packed up and went home. 45 min drive. i laughed the whole next day, she never came back not even during the day i had to go to her house if i wanted to see her from then on
LivinADream is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #23
COPPERHEAD
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hopkins, Bowie, Lamar Counties

Me and my wife, before she was my wife were looking for a place to go hang out one nite and I decided I would go to my Grandparents old homeplace. There was no electricity so we brought a few candles for lite. Well one thing led to another and I was laid out on a old couch in the master bedroom trying to regain my breath. I opened my eyes to see a lady standing in the bathroom doorway. I said Mandi we better get going. Bout that time the door leading from the kitchen opened and there walked in my wife. I dang near had a heart attack. Untill this day I don't know who was standing in the other doorway! I don't know what it was but I know what I saw! I know this sounds squirrely but it did happen, and I was on no kind of drugs!
COPPERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #24
Tx625
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinADream View Post
cant say that i whole heartedly believe but havent ruled it out. that being said, in an apartment i used to live in the microwave would turn off and on randomly. bad outlet? faulty microwave? who knows but i never payed it much attention but i always said my ghost is hungry. one night about 4 am the lucky girl of the night wakes me up freakin out. she said "WAKE UP, YOUR MICROWAVE IS ON WHO IS HERE?" without even thinking about it, being half asleep i said "my ghost is gettin his midnight snack" 'ol girld packed up and went home. 45 min drive. i laughed the whole next day, she never came back not even during the day i had to go to her house if i wanted to see her from then on
LMAO, and YES i do believe.
Tx625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #25
Bonbonjovi
Ten Point

Hunt In: Idaho, Austin

I lived in Dallas in the 80's and we had the ghost of the Lady of the Lake out at White Rock lake, the stories alone would give me nightmares...
Bonbonjovi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 AM   #26
Bulldog7906
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sweeny

I don't know if i belive in Ghost are not. I do however belive in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I have had some weird experiences that are totally unexplainable.

A prelude history of my house. belonged to grandparents before they passed away. There is an old "colored" jail cell on the property that was used to hold prisoners while they were working on nearby farms. Grandparents had a house keeper who was an older hispanic lady who practiced old hispanic traditions. she claimed to have seen to different ghost, one on inside one on outside. the one on inside was a white man and was nice, the one on outside was a black man and was not as nice. grandpa told me once that he has seen the inside one in one of the hallways.

One night i was home alone, parents were out of state i think, i was in my room and was on the computer. probally on the green screen or facebook but not sure. whenever i'm home alone i usually have certain lights on and certain doors closed, to let me know of any activity going on that i'm not participating in. the bedroom doors down the hall were all close and the hall light on. i know this because i had just came back from getting a Dr. Pepper and i remember looking down the hall to make sure the doors were shut and light was on. after sitting down with my back to the wall where i can see my windows and doors, i continued on the computer. a few minutes later i heard the door down the hall open and slam shut and heard foot steps running down the hall! i said a few words and grabbed my pistol. i 'sliced the pie' coming out of my room and entered the hallway. i started to clear this part of the house and found nothing and nobody. i called my buddy and he came over and we cleared the rest of the house. no one was there, but i know what i heard. the tv's were not on and no sounds were coming from computer.

another time in the middle of night i had gotten up to get a drink and check out the house. i went into the closed off porch and was looking into the back yard. under the guard light in th pasture by the water trough i saw a man shaped shadow walk across. not sure what it was or who it was. i woke my dad and we cleared the house to see if anything was out of ordinary.

i also do civil war reenactments and texas revolution reenactments. we sometimes stay on actual battle grounds and we've seen so many unexplainable events and heard so many unexplainable sounds.
Bulldog7906 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 AM   #27
TexbowJ
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde Co./Reagan Wells

With so many camera phones around, someone should get a picture of something, soon. Ghost, Sashquatch, Nessie, Elvis, Black Panther, Jimmy Hoffa, a working Democrat (oh, sorry, got carried away).

Seriously, some hard evidence would go a long way with me.
TexbowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 AM   #28
jake5344
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: anywhere i can

What's the big deal with black panthers they are real they are in zoos you can even google image them.

Anyways love the stories keep'em coming i've been checking this thread all night lol
jake5344 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
Bulldog7906
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexbowJ View Post
With so many camera phones around, someone should get a picture of something, soon. Ghost, Sashquatch, Nessie, Elvis, Black Panther, Jimmy Hoffa, a working Democrat (oh, sorry, got carried away).

Seriously, some hard evidence would go a long way with me.
i'll see if i can get my friend's picture he took in the Jefferson Hotel in Jefferson, TX and have him share his har raising stories
Bulldog7906 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 05:47 AM   #30
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

All I know is I hope I don`t think about this post opening weekend (gun season) while I am trying to go to sleep in my camper ,1.5 miles from the ranch gate,3 miles to the closest neighbor ,and 20 miles to the closest town, no cell phone service and the wind isn`t blowing at all. I already get a little jumpy when I`m at the lease by myself trying to go to sleep with total silence.I used to walk to my blind in the a.m. at our Ballinger lease and ther was a big cedar post in the fence I walked down along a wheat field and it always looked like someone standing there as you walked towards it in the dark. You could have put a hat or cap on top of it as a prank and I sware I would not have walked passed it . And by the way, I do believe in ghost or spirits or whatever you want to call them ,I just don`t have any personal experiences with one or want to.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #31
randtx
Ten Point

Hunt In: Looking

In 1998-1999 I was stationed on Ft. Bliss. I lived in a house in the old part of housing. The house had tile floors throughout. I lived alone, so I Know no one else was there. On regular occasions I could here small foot steps in the hall way. Bedroom lights would turn on. One night while sleeping, I could feel someone watching me and when I looked the was a figure of a small girl, probably 6 years old. I awoke one night to the smell of gas and went searching. I found a burner on the stove turned on and the pilot light out. Again, I lived alone and know I did not turn it on.
randtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #32
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Why did we have to start this before hunting season and I have to walk around in the dark?
oktx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #33
W-L-F
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bee & Brewster County;Refugio

some good stories---yes i do believe----
W-L-F is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #34
bsills
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Maverick County

I am just glad I found this thread this morning and not last night. I am on the fence on the issue, I have no personal experience. I, like lots of others, may have heard something or thought I saw something but never that "for sure" experience.
bsills is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #35
Live2Hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coalgate Oklahoma

Not mine, but a pretty good biblical stance...

Question: "What does the Bible say about ghosts / hauntings?"

Answer: Is there such a thing as ghosts? The answer to this question depends on what precisely is meant by the term “ghosts.” If the term means “spirit beings,” the answer is a qualified “yes.” If the term means “spirits of people who have died,” the answer is “no.” The Bible makes it abundantly clear that there are spirit beings, both good and evil. But the Bible negates the idea that the spirits of deceased human beings can remain on earth and “haunt” the living.
Live2Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #36
Brett C
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Angelo, Colorado , Kansas,,New Mexico,Van Zant co.Henderson co.

Who ya gonna call ?
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #37
JonBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Doss, TX

absolutely I believe in ghosts/spirits...
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #38
lbbf
Ten Point

While I don't actually believe in ghosts, I did live in a house that had a haunted pool table. EVERY night at 1:45am there would be the sounds of someone playing pool in the basement. You could hear the break, then each ball as it was pocketed and rolled down the ramps to the end of the table. This was back in the mid 80's while I was in highschool. My friends wouldn't stay at the house past midnight. When we sold the pool table all the sounds from the basement stopped. Go figure.
lbbf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #39
lbbf
Ten Point

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who gets freaked out walking to the stand in the morning. Every sound I hear I just know that it is a rabid, carnivorous sasquatch.
lbbf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #40
bsills
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Maverick County

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett c View Post
who ya gonna call ?
lmao
bsills is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #41
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

Well stated, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Kevin View Post
I believe nothing I can't prove by reading the bible. Another word for the Holy Spirit is the Holy Ghost. So to me, a ghost is simply a spirit. The bible teaches us that angels are spirit based entities as are demons. The bible teaches us that demons are fallen angels. There are examples in the bible of how these spirits can indwell other entities. Jesus cast out many demons and even told some they could enter a herd of pigs. I believe the Holy Spirit is in each of us believers. There are also examples in the bible of how spirits without form can take a form and appear to humans. The simplest example of this is how the angel appeared to the sheppards to announce the birth of Christ. There are also many examples of how these angels can cross over to us and go back. Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord (Genesis 32:21-32). A chariot of fire came down and took Elijah away (2 Kings 2:11).

To me an answer can be found in the bible to your question. Don't trust my words here, see for yourself. The good part, as you stated, is that you may very well have been visited by an angel. The bad part is it might not have been an angel, but a fallen angel. I do not think you were visited by a dead person.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #42
Hawkins
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young & Jack county

On the highway in front of my lease there is a historical marker that says something about the last Indian battle in Young County. The tombstone is about 100 yards from my feeder, with about 25 names on it of people who died.

I will be thinking of this thread when i'm sitting in the dark...thanks guys.
Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #43
2050z
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson when drawn/Coryell/Scio Ohio/Unit 11 Kansas

Yes I believe in Spirits.
2050z is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #44
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

All the shows Iv'e watched also claim that a young teenage girl will draw sprits... My step daughter lived with us for a while and claimed that she saw a young child with a baseball in the house... After my son was born he had such a strong personality and had such a force about him. I believe if there were any spirits in our house he ran them out .... My step daughter also claimed to be a wicken as well so I'm sure that didn't help matter any...

On another note I was drawn for one of the Trinity River Wildlife Mangment area hunts. I went out to scout the place out. It had a old farm house with a few graves by it and I felt a little uneasy there. I never went back to hunt....

Last edited by sharkhunter; 10-01-2009 at 07:57 AM.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #45
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hebbronville

two days after my wife's grandfather passed away, I was trying to go to sleep (night before the funeral)... I was laying down in bed, and my wife was with her family. I absolutely heard her grandfather say something to me. At first I thought it was just something in my head, but when I realized I was fully awake, and he kept saying the same thing over and over... "Kyle, you take care of that little girl and those grandbabies of mine".... I heard it at least 4 times... and I seemed to be answering in in my head, but it wasn't until I actually answered outloud that I stopped hearing it...it was so clear .. it was about 10 PM and I called my wife right after it happened to tell her about it, and she said her grandmother had said about 30 minutes prior that she had heard him talk to her too.

now whether it was just the emotions making this occur, I can't say for sure... but I will tell you his voice was loud enough to get me to sit up in bed and look around...very strange but never freaked me out at the same time.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #46
bullshark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Looking currently displaced

i have experienced weird sightings, etc on many occasions pm me for details
bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #47
D C
Pope & Young

My sister was killed in a car wreck when she was 18 and my little cousin was in the car with her. my cousin was about 7 months old when it happened and up til she was about 7 she would see my sister all the time. especially above my parents house my cousin said she was always wearing a purple dress.(which was her favorite color) so I know I beleive in spirits. couple of houses around my home town that have spirits in them. And we are supposed to be closing on our house in next week which was built in 1940 and I know that one old man died in there so....
D C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #48
k9trainer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbf View Post
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who gets freaked out walking to the stand in the morning. Every sound I hear I just know that it is a rabid, carnivorous sasquatch.
Dude I walk to the stand like an officer responding to a shots fired call
k9trainer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #49
TexbowJ
Ten Point

Hunt In: Uvalde Co./Reagan Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake5344 View Post
What's the big deal with black panthers they are real they are in zoos you can even google image them.

Anyways love the stories keep'em coming i've been checking this thread all night lol
Jake5344....since you asked (black Panthers). It's a frequent thread here. You, being a new guy (Welcome!) must now devote yourself to taking a picture of a black panther, in the wild and posting it. So, this season give up bow hunting, grab your camera and get busy. It's a right of passage for all new guys.

Remember, panther is a cougar and not a leopard or jaguar. I know you can do it! Many before you have.

Again, welcome !

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but black panthers and ghost have a lot in common.
TexbowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #50
JAB 1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County Texas

A post without pics. is just a post!
We want pics!!!
JAB 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top