No announcement yet.

What’s the best lease that you’ve been to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive only been on small ranches with just myself and family and close friends, so i dont really know what i big nice fancy lease feels like lol!

my last lease in junction was pretty sweet. 100 acres, elec, water. split it with a guy from work for 750/each. Had some really nice bucks on that place.

Current lease of 10 years has been my favorite. 100 acres in LLano. Pay the land owner 2k per year since the first year. Its pretty much mine year round. My kids have grown up hunting this place. Memories made that will last forever. Nothing shot over 130", but plenty of deer around

Comment

Best was 17,000 acres on the Devils river. Was a guest on it 20 years ago.

The fishing on the river was as good as the hunting.

2nd best was 4000 acres in northern Bexar county with 1000 acres of oat fields.
      Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 04-28-2021, 08:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
        32 acres for $150 per year from 1986 to about 2000, then we voluntarily paid an extra $150 to make it $300 per year. Killed multiple 140’s up to 157. Bought it in 2017 so really paying for it now!
        That my friend is called living the dream. Awesome property!

Comment

42 acres near Groveton next to Davey Crockett National Forest. Leased it for three years and even had a camp on it. My boys and I loved that place. Killed lots of good deer on it.

Found out the last year I hunted it the old man I was leasing it from didn't really even own the place. Never would have known that if he had not died at the ripe old age of 92. I went to his double wide to renew my lease and his family told me he had passed. And, they had no clue what I was talking about when it came to leasing some family land he owned.

Comment

400ac Coleman county, it had pigs,deer,Turkey,pheasant,quail,doves,rabbits, big pond fish,
            varmints, bordered by a high fence, a landowner who said hunt whatever, whenever you want, just don’t ever hurt my cows, and you can stay as long as you want, I won’t come onto property if I see a vehicle here at camp, and YES I’ll take a post dated check!
            I had to leave, funds low, got back on for 2 seasons and everything around it built up, and zero wildlife, never been back, sad
            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-29-2021, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Current lease. Been there 21 years. A family lease. 500 acres in McCulloch county. It started with 4 hunters. Went to just 3 of us 10 years ago. Now it's just 2 since my Dad passed 2 years ago.
              Some great hunting and some even better memories.. There won't be a dry eye the day we lose it... It's coming I'm afraid.
              We pay a lot(to much)be its worth not having to put up with the many hassles that come with a big place.. Been there done that.. Never again.. I'm too old for deer lease drama..

But as far as big deer hunting, Old Mexico hands down....
              Last edited by PondPopper; 04-29-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Possum Kingdom BRA land.
                Yearly lease fee $75 Archery only
                Campers
                About 1100 acres
                20 hunters
                Sandwiched between Possum Kingdom State park and the lake
                Class of deer - Didn't worry about it back then, but nothin to really write home about. Fun place.

Comment

Loco Bayou back in the day on Lake Nacogdoches was my favorite. Camphouse inside a high fence on one side of the highway but I preferred the South Side with the lodge on Lake Nac.

Comment

We had ~4,000 acres down in Atascosa county when I was in junior high through high school. It had everything to offer as far as game, doves, quail, hogs, turkey, good (140-150 class) deer and an overstocked tank. It had a decent bunk house but it was a lease that was fun year around. I think there were about 10 hunters on it when we got off.
                    Last edited by Cberry; 04-29-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

From 1992-2009 we had 7000 acres, low fence, 20 minutes north west of Ozona. 11 hunters, water, electricity, year round. It started off at $650 and went up to $1800 when lost the place. We managed it with a gun, never fed an ounce of protein. Just let the bucks get old, thin the doe population a bit, and shoot the low end bucks. Our top end bucks were 150+

We lost the place when someone offered the ranch more than twice what we were paying. So after 18 years, we were out and they were in. I still occasionally dream about that place, and miss the hell out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X