Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #101
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

There are good apples and bad apples. Seems like a lot more bad apples theses days. Just like on the liberal Biden supporters on here.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 04:43 PM   #102
cvan1971man
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado

I have sworn off all woke professional sports. Luckily curling hasn't become woke yet... Sarcasm!
cvan1971man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #103
IkemanTX
Ten Point

I havenít watched a game in several years... but I havenít missed much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #104
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Iím not sure what we would do without all of you blowhards dropping by to tell us how much you donít careÖ Over, and over. Itís exhaustingÖ

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #105
roughneck266
Ten Point

Hunt In: Apple Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Iím not sure what we would do without all of you blowhards dropping by to tell us how much you donít careÖ Over, and over. Itís exhaustingÖ

Gotta agree with you there. I guess I just dont see the point? Virtue signaling?
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #106
Lynn21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Tx

A ticket in the nosebleed section, parking, a hot dog and one beer-$150-$175. Why? Cause they ALL whine about their 25 million dollar contracts, then Jerry and others like him freakin’ pay it-thats why.
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:22 PM   #107
Kooter80
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Is he better than Lebron Jordan?
Kooter80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:25 PM   #108
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Default Cowboys !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
Gotta agree with you there. I guess I just dont see the point? Virtue signaling?

I didnít stop watching for any specific reason other than stopping trying to keep up with what time zone I was in for the night and trying to figure out what channel might carry my teams. So, no virtue here to signal other than indifference.

I just felt like dropping the floppy disk meme for all the people who would get butt hurt over reminding them that the ďboysĒ havenít won a bowl since the year JavaScript was invented.

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:36 PM   #109
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

I like sports.All sports.I watch football..Do I want these guys babysitting kids? No..And the Miller Lite advertisements still aren't gonna make me drink that ****.
Hart8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:49 PM   #110
txhunt7
Eight Point

I quit watching NFL and that's a fact. I'm still back in the good ole days when it was respectable, Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Golden Richards, Drew Pearson. ah the days of respecting yourself are gone. Nope I'm pretty serious when I say I'm done.
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #111
asu-indian
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchuck View Post
How long before they change their name to the Cowpersons? That word "boys" is so offensive in every way? A business that calls black employees boys? How Woke is that?
Best post.
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #112
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale moser View Post
i’m not sure what we would do without all of you blowhards dropping by to tell us how much you don’t care… over, and over. It’s exhausting…

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunt7 View Post
i quit watching nfl and that's a fact. I'm still back in the good ole days when it was respectable, tom landry, roger staubach, golden richards, drew pearson. Ah the days of respecting yourself are gone. Nope i'm pretty serious when i say i'm done.

Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 08:16 AM   #113
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Those who say I'm not ever watching again, F the NFL, blah blah blah. You know, it's like pulling your finger out of a glass of water. The hole fills back in and nobody knows (or cares) that you were ever there.
I wonder how many people outside the NFL pay their rents, mortgages, feed and clothe their kids, contribute to the economy, donate to charities or the church because of the jobs created by full stadium's? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #114
BowhunterB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakin7005 View Post
Those who say I'm not ever watching again, F the NFL, blah blah blah. You know, it's like pulling your finger out of a glass of water. The hole fills back in and nobody knows (or cares) that you were ever there.
I wonder how many people outside the NFL pay their rents, mortgages, feed and clothe their kids, contribute to the economy, donate to charities or the church because of the jobs created by full stadium's? Just a thought.

Not trying to start a huge argument, errr discussion, by any means, but not if you pull enough fingers out of the glass. And there are countless other forms of employment that would allow them to do those same things, just one a smaller degree and the rest of the money those fans had left could be used by others to do the things you mentioned
BowhunterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #115
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhunterB View Post
Not trying to start a huge argument, errr discussion, by any means, but not if you pull enough fingers out of the glass. And there are countless other forms of employment that would allow them to do those same things, just one a smaller degree and the rest of the money those fans had left could be used by others to do the things you mentioned
Fair enough, but we all know the ratings will be high and the stadium's will be full whether the haters show up or not.
I'm with Dale on this one. I won't let a few uneducated primadonnas dictate my decisions. I don't begrudge anyone who decides not to watch though.

bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 08:45 PM   #116
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunt7 View Post
I quit watching NFL and that's a fact. I'm still back in the good ole days when it was respectable, Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Golden Richards, Drew Pearson. ah the days of respecting yourself are gone. Nope I'm pretty serious when I say I'm done.
There is no telling what went on back then that we do not know about because of social media, I know I can tell you a bunch about the Cowboys that were in the Muenster hospital, the team doctor was from Muenster, he fixed a many a mcl's, acl's etc, my Mother was a nurse there, lots of good stories that never made it to the media.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top