Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget to protest your property taxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting on scheduling of my 2020 binding arbitration. This money grab, the azbackwards protesting, and system delays are absurd. Lawyer helped me in 2019, but absolutely failed completely in 2020. Sick of dealing with it.

Comment

I got a small lot, that went up OVER 100% this year.................
      Yea. I'm protesting..................

Comment

Mine went up $46k, thats after fighting it last year and the year before.

It has gotten so out of hand. Makes me want to run for Galveston County Tax Assessor Collector. Her house is about $200k undervalued on the tax rolls....interesting.

btw Oconner and Associates are a waste of time unless your assessed value has caught up with the appraised.

Comment

Yup, got a three acre lot that went up 60k for no reason.

Comment

Who do y’all use in Collin County? We didn’t protest before because Our assessment was below our price until this year. It’s pretty much the same now. I just don’t want to get into a habit of paying more taxes if I can avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any recommendations for the NTX area?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                Mine goes up the max 10% (homestead) every year. Any put in protesting?

Well if you don’t want to keep paying the 10% every year. then you should protest. If you don’t complain they have no reason to not charge it.

I had my appraisal lowered by $18k in protest last year.

Comment

Definitely protesting. Don't even care if I get it reduced-as long as I inconvenience the county some, I'm fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    Mine goes up the max 10% (homestead) every year. Any put in protesting?
                    Mine has been doing the same, but I protest every year and get it knocked back down a little.

Comment

Ridiculous isn’t it??

Comment

Only thing I have seen help with protests is pictures of current damages that need repair. Roof leaks and damage, cracks in walls and foundations, and major damage. Ugly interior doesn’t count and they don’t move by much when they do. I’ve protested and used all the comps and tore them down. I can tell you that ponds and water front don’t “affect” land value, attached garage vs carport? Nope. I even had 60k more land value over someone because there’s was ag exempt so not included in the comp or their sale price I guess (must have been free with purchase). showed that my nieghbor house was ‘78 and mine ‘82 and he was $99/sf and I was $135/sf t
                        and the same as neighbors ‘18 custom build and they didn’t budge. They said they should have been higher on my house!! Finally had a roof leak next year that I had pictures of and wham! They moved it to $500 lower then they my homestead cap and reminded me next year was a re-evaluation year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Protest every year regardless of they raise the value or not. Some years the reductions are higher than others. Over time you will find that your assessed value will be at the lower end of the range. The key is to stay vigilant and protest every year.

Comment

Denton County is starting to get ridiculous on taxes. The whole state is I guess though

Comment

In the central texas area, every house sold is getting more than asking price. As much as I hate my increase, the market values have most certainly jumped the last 2-3 years. I hate the whole concept of property taxes, it basically punishes those who take care of their stuff & paying taxes every year for a product is ridiculous. Has to be a more equitable system. Flat tax comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                                In the central texas area, every house sold is getting more than asking price. As much as I hate my increase, the market values have most certainly jumped the last 2-3 years. I hate the whole concept of property taxes, it basically punishes those who take care of their stuff & paying taxes every year for a product is ridiculous. Has to be a more equitable system. Flat tax comes to mind.
                                Too many California people coming here.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X