Anyone try 155 grain Barnes in 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try 155 grain Barnes in 10mm

I bought a box for my Glock 40 MOS. Advertised velocity isn’t too impressive but I don’t know what length barrel they supposedly use.

I have not tried any Barnes 10mm bullets. I have owned two 10mms, and shot a few others. So far the guns I have shot, only like the 180 gr. and 200 gr. bullets. What I mean by the guns did not like them, is the accuracy, was noticeably worse than any 180 gr. or 200 gr. bullets I shot, through any of the 10mms I have shot.

I at one time bought a bunch of 155 gr. bullets, I was trying to get my 10mm, to make great big holes in whatever I shot with it. So I loaded some up, I got crappy accuracy, tried different loads, then other loads, it did not matter what powder I used, the accuracy was not worth a crap. I don't remember if I ever shot any 155 gr. bullets out of a Glock 20. I know I have shot both 180 gr. and 200 gr. out of Glocks, but that was a long time ago, when I did that.

So my info, is not going to be dead on accurate info for your situation, but just what I have found with other 10mms and other 155 gr. bullets.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-11-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I’ve got some loaded up but they sure take up a lot of case space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shoot 155 xtp out of my 40 , hogs can't tell the difference between it and my 10mm heavy bullets

Comment

Sounds like I should stick to my 200 grain xtp’s

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            I shoot 155 xtp out of my 40 , hogs can't tell the difference between it and my 10mm heavy bullets
            Thanks that’s why I got them

Comment

Ammo came today

Comment

I recently picked up a Glock 29 to carry in a chest holster while in Grizzly country up here. I have not even shot it yet because I have not found any ammo. Yesterday, I stopped into my local sporting goods store and the manager handed me a box of 20, Grizzly Cartridge brand ammo in 150 gr JHP. I will use these for personal defense but they are too light and the wrong bullet design for bear defense.

I had not shot these before so I looked them up on the internet and gave the owner a call. I told him what I bought the pistol for and he recommended their 200 or 220 gr WFNGC ammo for use when in bear country. He told me about the shortages of components and said they would not be loading these for probably 2 months. I will definitely give them a try when they are available. They would be on par with Underwood or Buffalo Bore.

Comment

FYI, Buffalo Bore has some 10mm in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4BarN View Post
                    FYI, Buffalo Bore has some 10mm in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I may try to buy one or two boxes from them also.

Comment

Second box came in. This week I am will see if the buffalo bore is sold out.

Comment

I load the 155 gn xtp for my Glock-29. I hand load it, as I couldn’t find a factory load that was accurate enough.

I haven’t kilt no grizzlies but I have dropped a lot of hogs with it , chunkiest one was 265. I get some funny looks sometimes when I say I’m handgun hunting and I pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X