Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    I've been shot, stabbed, and set on fire. I've had knee surgury, gall bladder out, and appendix burst. 3 broken ribs, broken left wrist, and 8 teeth pulled. On top of that I had a liver transplant. Been nocked out 7 times (that I can remember).

But no, I've never actually been wacked by a T-post driver!
    You’ve either made some really bad decisions or have some really bad luck

But you’ve survived. Lol.

Comment

yup...wasn't bad enough to draw blood, but sure spooked me. Anyone who lets that happen twice got brain damage from the first blow. Everytime I see a driver there is a flashback instantly.

Comment

Did it once and drew blood. Ruined my hat. Saw stars but never went down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been lucky so far.

Comment

For those asking how. Getting a little too aggressive when lifting the driver and the driver gets lifted too high off the top of the post. When you come back down, the lip of the driver catches the top of the t-post. Next thing ya know you are seeing stars and picking yourself up off the ground.

Comment

How does this happen?

And how does one lose a finger to a t post driver?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                I’ll probably jinx myself. But how do you hit yourself with the tpost driver? Getting in on the post or actually driving the post?
                Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
                Trying to picture how it would happen...
                You guys must not have driven many t-post with a t-post driver? It’s extremely easy to do.

There’s a reason for the white paint about a foot on the top of each post. “Upstroke” the darn thing until you see white (NO MORE).......then STOP!

Edit: Fargus hit it on the head (no pun intended) on post #50!
                Last edited by RascalArms; 04-04-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Never have. And I’ve probably built more fence than most on here.
                  I bet I'm close to you if you don't work for a fencing company.

Comment

Usually happens when you first start driving & you're staring down at the spade instead of the white.

Comment

yup.. didn't crack my skull but woke up on the ground .. that time and another walking up on the bucket of my tractor at night trying to weigh a pig .. the stars were bright that night .. them buckets have NO give!

Comment

Chopped the tip of my thumb off with one and been knocked smooth out with one. Dangerous suckers when you are tired

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          Chopped the tip of my thumb off with one and been knocked smooth out with one. Dangerous suckers when you are tired

exactly .. when you're fresh it's hard to do but as you fatigue, you make longer strides with less control, get a little to high , clip that edge and if you follow through the momentum comes right back at you.

Comment

I did it!
                            Driving a T post on side of a burm and then it happened and the blood came rushing over my face like no other.
                            Peeled the hair and skin off for 3 inches and that was all.
                            Freaked everybody out that witness it.

Comment

Think of all the ridiculous warning labels on things these days, and instruction manuals that tell you how to do trivial tasks like putting gas in a weedeater.

And you guys managed to knock your selves unconscious with a 1 piece tool with zero moving parts, or instructions.[emoji23]

Comment

I'm guilty too. Driving posts along the front of my place along the county road. Raised driver too high and the edge caught the top of the t post on a hard down stroke. No blood, but it's a good thing there weren't any cars coming, because I stumbled all over the road trying to keep from hitting the ground. Only had a couple posts left to drive, so my dad drove those while I sat and tried to uncross my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X