No announcement yet.

Accurate production rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big bang for the buck on Tikka! They come out of the same factory as Sako rifles and are very accurate. The actions are smooth as silk!!

Comment

My BIL's Hell's Canyon Long Range in 6.5 Creedmoor is VERY accurate. The only thing negative is the Duratough finish begins to wear off.

Comment

One other thing I'm weary of as a handloader is magazine length especially with box mags which seem popular on most of these mentioned.

For that reason I again like the Tikka unless its a long cartridge such as a 300 win mag.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
          I have a Browning X-bolt in 26 Nosler with Zeiss scope if your interested?
          $1,200
          Wanting to stay with 6.5prc or maybe a 7mm08. Thanks though

Comment

I have the Bergara Highlander Premier series in 6.5 PRC and it has been very accurate. Have taken several white tails,axis, and hogs and been very happy with performance. Took my furthest ever hunting shot at 485 yards recently with success. I would call it standard weight (7.5 lbs with no optic). It was higher than the $1200 price range but I thought worth the money for me. As was mentioned it is on a short action and has no room for loading longer in the mag well, but I haven’t had to reload because of the accuracy I’ve obtained from factory ammo. I am shooting Hornady ELD X. Also only holds 2 in the mag and one in chamber for a total of 3. I thought this would bother me but hasn’t been an issue. I’m not familiar with your other options but it sounds like all are great choices. Right now I just hope to have enough ammo to get past this “shortage”.

Comment

Fierce Arms

Comment

Bergara. The Brownings feel nice, but don't shoot as good.

Comment

Titka

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                    titka

Comment

Great rifles!

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                      Fierce Arms
                      Great rifles for sure,but $1200 won't buy the box,of a Fierce rifle!
                      I've had Browning's,and Sako's.Liked them both.Never had a Bergara.And I am a huge Scheels fan btw!

Comment

I have two Howas that are incredible. Super accurate and consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                          When I bought my .300WM last year, I went in with the intent of buying a Bergara or Christensen. After handling both, and shooting a friend’s Bergara, I went with a Browning X-Bolt Hell’s Canyon. The feel was far superior to me, and for an off-the-shelf gun will be much better for mountain hunts. The other two were heavy and bulky, even the ones with carbon barrels that I looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Dang, how much does your Browning weigh? Because my CA 300 WM is under 8 lbs with scope, sling and loaded.

Comment

I was on this hunt a couple years ago.

I was dead set on Tikka, but ended up settling on a Bergara Ridge SP. It had everything I was looking for.

After shooting it for a year and a half, I am more impressed with it than I ever anticipated I would be.

Comment

Tikka would be my vote. I’ve seen Tikkas shoot one hole groups over a large sample size. Obviously not all but more do than don’t.

They come in under your limit as well.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

The bergara wilderness ridge looks nice and it looks like it's right at $1000. Tika doesn't show to carry a 6.5prc on their website.

Comment

Working...
                                X