No announcement yet.

favorite sports moment of your life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In high school, I was just a 2nd stringer in football. But, in my junior year on JV I caught 4 consecutive passes to move us down the field for the winning score. I caught the 4th in the end zone! Remember it like yesterday.

In 1982 I won my division in the Texas A&M Karate Championship. Got knocked out 3 times that day, all illegal punches. But I'd hate to EVER meet that kid in an alley!

6 or so years ago, watched my eledest daughter score a soccer goal from 30-yards out. Beatiful shot!

5 years ago got to be there when my youngest daughter won District Cross Country.

Comment

1967 World Series. Red Sox vs Cardinals
      This series hooked me on baseball, as a kid. Red Sox lost, unfortunately, but it was a helluva series

Comment

I really used to enjoy watching sports. When I was growing up it seemed like they played because they loved the game. Now it seems all they worry about is how much money they can get and making political statements.

Haven’t watched in several years now and honestly don’t miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pitching against my friends growing up.

Comment

I've attended very few live events as many of you have. I did attend the Texas HS state track meet for a few years starting in 1973. Probably the most excited I ever was when Johnny (Lam) Jones took the handoff in the mile relay. Will never forget watching him come from so far behind.

Comment

1980 U S hockey team defeated a well oiled Russian team. Totally awesome game.

Comment

Live.... Ricky Williams breaking the rushing record

Televised...2016 World Series game 7

Comment

A&M's victory over Alabama Manziel's heisman's season

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                    Watching the McGwire and Sosa homerun record breaking battle in the 1998 season.
                    This---and both the Ozzie Smith HR and Jack Clark's HR. And, yes, I'm a Cardinal fan.

Comment

The moment that sticks out for me is one January.

Back when Dallas and Green Bay played their first championship game.

I was just a young punk(compared to old punk now). We went to Lake Tawakoni to watch the game. There was mischief in the air saying it wasn't gonna be televised in Dallas area.

It was halftime and being young, I went outside to explore around. The game came back from half and I stayed out a while.
                      I could almost tell what was happening...the whole lake(people around it) would erupt every 20 or 30 seconds it seemed.
                      It was completely captivating.
                      I'll always remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                        Live.... Ricky Williams breaking the rushing record

Televised...2016 World Series game 7
                        I was at DKR for that game. Never forget the “Ricky Williams runs to the record books” by the announcer. And him late for the next play because he was watching the instant replay on the Jumbotron

Comment

99 A&M Bonfire Game...unreal atmosphere and outcome
                          HS Football Playoffs
                          MJ and Tiger in their prime. Pick one...

Comment

Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Comment

Yes SIR

Verne Lundquist on the call!

Comment

Better than most! BETTER THAN MOST!

Gary Koch

Comment

Working...
                                X