Door bell camera/video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door bell camera/video

Door bell crapped out. Thinking about replacing with one of the camera/video models. Those of yall that have them, do you actually use the camera/video feature very often? Are they worth getting?

The Ring is hard to beat as long as you have good internet connection. It’s nice to have video coverage.

Comment

The wife had me buy the ring on Blackfriday. Going to install it this week.

My Mom and Dad have one and they love it.

Comment

I've had nothing but problems with our ring, so I just replaced it with this one. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the ring for about a month and we really like it.

Comment

We have the whole house with Ring and it has been great. It is awesome to have everything on one app to control.

Comment

We had a ring on our old house, but for the new house we are consider this one:

The best wired smart video doorbell camera. A great add on to your home security systems. Experience head-to-toe, 1080p, full HD viewing.

Can beat it for the price.

Comment

We've had all 3 of our doors hooked up with the Ring doorbell for 3yrs now. I love it. It catches quality video 30+yrds out and picks up good audio too. We've talked to people on it when we were in Red River, NM with them standing on the front porch. Had EMS show up to the wrong house while we were out of town and we were able to talk w/them via the Ring and direct them where they needed to go (rural community), cause the GPS dumps you at the wrong spot out in our area. Well worth having in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks. I will look at the Rings. Looks like there are several models, which ones are yall using?

Comment

We have a Ring 2 and have been pleased. The rechargeable battery seems to need recharging about every other month, not the over 6 months as advertised. Other than that, it's been fine.

If you have power down to your old doorbell, I'd recommend getting a model with the wiring option.

Also, the Rings are fairly wide, probably 2.5'' give or take. So, depending on your door frame, you might have to mount on the wall.

The best prices on Ring door bells seems to be cyber Monday. However, check Amazon frequently as there are a lot of sales and pairings with other Alexa type devices.

Comment

We've had the Ring 2 since August and I have been really happy with it. We have had zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        We have a Ring 2 and have been pleased. The rechargeable battery seems to need recharging about every other month, not the over 6 months as advertised. Other than that, it's been fine.

If you have power down to your old doorbell, I'd recommend getting a model with the wiring option.

Also, the Rings are fairly wide, probably 2.5'' give or take. So, depending on your door frame, you might have to mount on the wall.

The best prices on Ring door bells seems to be cyber Monday. However, check Amazon frequently as there are a lot of sales and pairings with other Alexa type devices.
                        I do have power running to the old ringer, so I will probably go ahead and hook it up. Size shouldnt be an issue, as the old bell was mounted on the brick so I have plenty of space. I think the Ring 2 is gonna be our best match.

Comment

Have had it for a couple of years...Like It

Comment

We have the wired ring camera saves videos to app on your phone or when logged into it on computer also has live video. Really enjoy their products.

Comment

Love - hate deal for me. We got the flood light and hard wired it. First one made it about 2 years. Just installed a new one. Got half of the lens taped to cut down on false alarms. Picks up my neighbors cat - - and all the Christmas stuff my sit on the poarch 2 minutes before one of us bring it inside.

Wish they made it with a few more user controls.....

Comment

Working...
                              X