foot switch for grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foot switch for grinder

Anybody use the foot switch from Harbor Freight? Is 15 amps heavy enough to run my grinder? Lem Mighty Bite #8. 500/1000 watt peak. Dont want to buy a switch only to overload and burn it up.
    Last edited by Walker; 11-16-2018, 09:44 AM.

I have the HF foot switch. I use a Cabelas 1HP grinder. Wife and I just packaged 120# snowing burger and 30# of cubed venison steak. Switch worked just fine.

Comment

Looked at the 1HP Cabelas user manual and their expensive brand of foot petal was 15Amps also, should not be an issue. I'm ordering one also.

Pg. 26, https://www.cabelas.com/assets/produ...e_Grinders.pdf

Comment

I use a similar sized switch with a 3/4 hp LEM so you'll be fine with the smaller #8 LEM.

Comment

I don't but a buddy does and the HF one works just fine with his 1hp Cabelas. I would have one but I found my Cabelas one on sale for $19.

Comment

Im headed to get one today.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Anybody use the foot switch from Harbor Freight? Is 15 amps heavy enough to run my grinder? Lem Mighty Bite #8. 500/1000 watt peak. Dont want to buy a switch only to overload and burn it up.
              Umm, yeah.... 15 AMP is more than enough to run the grinder. I have the LEM foot switch that I received as a present. There is nothing fancy about it. Just a 15A foot switch.

The only time I ever really use it is when I am grinding directly into those chub bags.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                I have the HF foot switch. I use a Cabelas 1HP grinder. Wife and I just packaged 120# snowing burger and 30# of cubed venison steak. Switch worked just fine.
                HF has three different Foot switches, "Moneraty", "Power Maintained" (both for $13.99) and the "TIG Remote control" for $80 (I think it's for welding?!)

which one is the right one for 1 HP Cabela's Grinder?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Umm, yeah.... 15 AMP is more than enough to run the grinder. I have the LEM foot switch that I received as a present. There is nothing fancy about it. Just a 15A foot switch.

The only time I ever really use it is when I am grinding directly into those chub bags.

I love mine for stuffing off the grinder ...if a casing breaks or runs out, I can stop it instantly. No reaching around the back to turn it off
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    HF has three different Foot switches, "Moneraty", "Power Maintained" (both for $13.99) and the "TIG Remote control" for $80 (I think it's for welding?!)

which one is the right one for 1 HP Cabela's Grinder?

Momentary...

Amazing deals on this Momentary Power Foot Switch at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.
                    Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks man!

The link you posted, is for something else... "Cell phone signal booster"

Comment

Not sure about the one you're asking about, but I would think it should work. I have an old sewing machine foot pedal on my 1 3/4HP Hobart grinder

Foot pedals are a must have for making link sausage

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          Thanks man!

The link you posted, is for something else... "Cell phone signal booster"

you sure? look at your quote..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            you sure? look at your quote..
                            I did several times, it goes to some weird website that's not even HF...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I love mine for stuffing off the grinder ...if a casing breaks or runs out, I can stop it instantly.
                              Yep... that's where they shine. I personally don't like stuffing casings with the grinder... I prefer a 25# stuffer for that. But I do grind burger directly into those plastic tape off bags and I can stop it right within a .05 of a pound with the foot pedal. Makes bagging up 25+ of burger go by real fast.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X