No announcement yet.

Electric Fillet Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on of these for a handheld 12v sawszall and be on with it.

Information about Filletzall Badthruthebone blades and the ability to purchase blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

American angler then buy the shark blades

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

8 year old thread, sure miss Mike and his great fishing.

Comment

RIP GR5.

And dang spammers!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

This fillet knife we be the last one you ever buy...

Comment

I got tired of wrestling the slick non ergonomics of the electric knives so I made me an old school filet knife that I can hold on to without getting hand cramps.
              Maybe a little slower but I don't get tired and it don't waste near as much meat.
              The offset gives me the angle I need to keep my knuckles off the table and the blade out in front. I actually use two, one is 9" and another 7" for smaller feesh.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Get on of these for a handheld 12v sawszall and be on with it.

Information about Filletzall Badthruthebone blades and the ability to purchase blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I have had mine for a couple years, still can't get the hang of them. The 8" blade will blow right through the spine of an upper slot redfish, works good on sheephead & snapper. The 12" less aggressive blade works on redfish but I constantly ruin trout with it.
                My guess is the single blade works by itself moving the fish back & forth in micro movements w/o cutting like a 2 blade can working against itself.
                Heh, I had to try it though- & still do

Comment

Originally posted by JDog83 View Post
                  http://www.hossfilletknife.com/

This fillet knife we be the last one you ever buy...
                  That thing would do wonder on crappie and trees[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a lectric bubba blade for christmas. So far, its ****** compared to the other 3 Ive had.

Comment

RIP Mike!!
                      Looks like the Mods took care of the free-loader spammer...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I got a lectric bubba blade for christmas. So far, its ****** compared to the other 3 Ive had.
                        is that a good ****** or a bad ******* ??

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          is that a good ****** or a bad ******* ??

mucho bueno!

Comes with 2 sets of blades

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

mucho bueno!

Comes with 2 sets of blades

Didn't know if it was "poopy" compared to the others, or "bad butt".

Comment

Boy ol GR5 and his wife sure could catch some fish back in the day. Doesn't surprise me that he burned up some filet knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                                FTR I don't use an electric filet knife on catfish. I've always skinned them then filet them manually.
                                Good lord I can't remember the last time I skinned a catfish. 2019 we caught easily 1000+ (20 or better virtually every weekend). All sizes from 12" to 40 pounds. If it hit the boat it got cleaned. For most of that I used the Rapala cordless Lithium knife. Never did run the battery down in a single cleaning session, including a couple of 50 fish trips. We had a system worked out were I would knock the filets off the fish and my partner would deskin and clean up the filets, cutting off the "worm", bloodline and chunking up for frying. Usually about a fish every 90 seconds.

During the redfish run this past fall, we would do basically the same thing, but I used a corded Filetzall system. Steep learning curve with them, flat butchered the first few.

Comment

Working...
                                X