Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone help explain the Hagerman draw system and how much pressure that area gets overall?

Comment

Originally posted by KcRoyalsScout View Post
      Can Anyone help explain the Hagerman draw system and how much pressure that area gets overall?
      It’s way over hunted the chance of being drawn is slim to non.

Comment

Originally posted by KcRoyalsScout View Post

It will be in next year's TP&W on-line draw system.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
          Just talked to USFWS Officer Chris Owens. Super nice guy. He spoke to landowner’s son. The landowner is currently hunting out there. Chris is going to call the landowner after dark. Son thinks his dad will be amenable to allowing access. No idea about dog however.
          Please do everything you can to get a catch dog on that deer. Very high odds you will get him.

Comment

Slow all around for me. I saw 3 deer all day.

Hope you find him Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
              It’s way over hunted the chance of being drawn is slim to non.
              Ok Thanks. Thats what i figured!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                It will be in next year's TP&W on-line draw system.
                Ok thanks I will check it out!

Comment

Are you looking for your deer tonight Woodsman? Or waiting till tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
                    Are you looking for your deer tonight Woodsman? Or waiting till tomorrow?
                    The Landowner is hunting tommorow. So he took Woodsman to look for it tonight. Haven't heard if they found it yet. That's was about 7

Comment

Fnished doing a visual search with the landowner about 30 minutes ago. No deer found, no dogs allowed. Driving back home now.

Thanks everyone for all the texts and encouragement here. Very much appreciated and helped push me forward when it had been 30 minutes since last blood, several times.

More deets later

Comment

Crap

Comment

Dang

Comment

Deer were up on their feet in my neck of the woods this mornin! First I walked up to my stant to hear a boar grunting at me. Tuenerd on my headlamp and gave him a couple of quiet whistles but he wasnt having it, I jumped off the trail and circled around and he went on his way.
                            Bout 20 min after shooting light saw four doe at about 150yds of on private land. Then had a doe and a fawn come in 30yds behind me, they roamed around a bit before moving out.
                            After that a big bodied thick neck buck came out of the area on private land where the does went into.
                            After that I had a four point and then a one horned spike came in behind me.
                            Im hunting a pinch point on a travel corridor and when deer have been coming in, they have been coming in behind me. So I waited till lunch, pulled my stand and moved it two trees over pointin in the other direction, think I might be on my golden ticket, we will find out tomorrow.
                            After moving my stand had a yote come blasting through with a squirrel in his mouth, and shortly after that another one come through following through with his nose to the ground. After two all day sits im hoping tomorrow will be the day!
                            Sorry about not being able to recover Woodsman

Comment

Fnished doing a visual search with the landowner about 30 minutes ago. No deer found, no dogs allowed. Driving back home now.

Thanks everyone for all the texts and encouragement here. Very much appreciated and helped push me forward when it had been 30 minutes since last blood, several times.

More deets later
                              I’d bet he looks tomorrow after his hunt. You might still get a call.

Highest of highs, to the lowest of lows. We all know them.

Comment

More deets later
                                So sorry Woodsman - we would have had Max on his blood trail scent if they allowed a dog to search.

Comment

Working...
                                X