Zero Turn Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero Turn Review

I’ve seen several threads on Zero turn mowers lately and wanted to add a review. I was looking to upgrade after 4 years and wanted a commercial type machine. I looked and researched quite a few brands and was fairly set on a Ferris. Well, none of the local dealers had the model I wanted in stock and couldn’t give me a firm idea on time to get one in. So, I switched gears this week and bought a Scag. I couldn’t be any happier. What a beast of a machine and comfortable as all get out. Plus, Scag offers a “Heroes” program for military and first responders which is 15% off! Anyone looking at a Scag, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
    I’ve seen several threads on Zero turn mowers lately and wanted to add a review. I was looking to upgrade after 4 years and wanted a commercial type machine. I looked and researched quite a few brands and was fairly set on a Ferris. Well, none of the local dealers had the model I wanted in stock and couldn’t give me a firm idea on time to get one in. So, I switched gears this week and bought a Scag. I couldn’t be any happier. What a beast of a machine and comfortable as all get out. Plus, Scag offers a “Heroes” program for military and first responders which is 15% off! Anyone looking at a Scag, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.
    Great choice. I bought a Scag Cheetah 61" with the 38hp fuel injected Kawasaki last year. Well, I guess I should say, my grandfather bought it for me after he drained the oil on my 4 month old Kubota ZD1021 and proceeded to mow his yard after forgetting to put a new filter and oil back in it.

I think the Scag is a much better mower. I don't know if the Kawa would handle no-oil any better than the Kubota diesel did though......

Comment

Where’s the review at? Pros, Cons?

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Where’s the review at? Pros, Cons?
        Speed, comfort, quality of cut. Fast, but smooth, suspension seat is a game changer. Very responsive and maneuverable. Cuts even tall grass with no effort.

Comment

I bought the Scag Tiger Cat 2. It's a night and day difference between it and my Hustler Raptor SD. Of course it was almost 3 times as much too...

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I’ve always heard good things about Scag.

I’m thinking of upgrading to the new Gravely 600 series next year. The platform on it should make for the most comfortable ride yet for a big machine. My wife mows quite a bit, so needless to say a smooth ride is pretty important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Scag Tiger Cat 52" cut. Its a very good machine. Easy to replace blades and belts. Smooth ride with the adjustable seat. Love mine.

Comment

Just picked up a Bad Boy Magnum 54" a week ago and love it. Much more solid built machine than most all other "residential" grade mowers I've ever used. I really like the accessibility to all the belts and pulleys for maintenance as well.

Comment

I'm a firm beleiver in Scag! People gasp at the price of a commercial grade mower but fail to realize that $13K Scag is going to last 5x's as long as your cheap Zero-turn and be much more enjoyable to use. I wish I could convince myself of that same analogy with my '99, 17' Skiff/Bay boat and look at the $70K new ones lol

Comment

I’ve had a Scag Tiger Cat for 7+years with no issues, only routine maintenance, and I am tough on equipment! Highly recommend it!

Comment

Hustler

Comment

Hustler
                        Cool story. This thread is a review for the mower that I bought and and very happy with. Don’t have anything to add, then back button is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                          Cool story. This thread is a review for the mower that I bought and and very happy with. Don’t have anything to add, then back button is your friend.
                          Cool. Seems like your story was look at me and my mower. Because you bought it, it the best. Worst review I have ever seen for a mower. Now I'll hit the back button. Good luck with your mower!

Comment

my first Scag lasted 20+ yrs , The one I have now is almost 10

Comment

Cool. Seems like your story was look at me and my mower. Because you bought it, it the best. Worst review I have ever seen for a mower. Now I'll hit the back button. Good luck with your mower!
                              Don’t come on my thread and act like a ******. If you thought my thread was bragging, you need a class in reading comprehension. It’s a tool, not something I need to brag about. Do I like it, yup. Is it the best? Only time will tell. I don’t need your critique on my review...go be as *** somewhere else, it makes it sound like you are jealous.

Comment

Working...
                              X