Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to Expect to Pay at Local Archery Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Expect to Pay at Local Archery Shop?

I am getting back into archery after years away. I used to shoot a Diamond which I loved- came with arrows, release, RTS bow, etc. It was great- fit me perfectly.

I've seen a lot in magazines and online about the flagship bows. I'm not going to spend $1,200+ on a bow- that's just not affordable for me.

If I don't need a flagship bow, what can I expect to pay for everything (including arrows, fitting, release, etc.) on a RTS compound bow at a local archery shop?

Not sure of the cost exactly as I haven't priced bows recently. However, if I were in the market for another bow, it would be used 1-3 year old bow. Way cheaper from what I gather.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
      Not sure of the cost exactly as I haven't priced bows recently. However, if I were in the market for another bow, it would be used 1-3 year old bow. Way cheaper from what I gather.
      Would you just buy a used one on the Green Screen and then take to a local shop for fitting? How much would a fitting, cutting arrows add to the cost?

Comment

Absolutely would buy one from here, particularly if you can find one locally. There have been some fantastic deals recently, just watch the classifieds, or post a "looking to buy" ad. You might find one completely kitted, so all you may have to do is have modules swapped for draw length, peep fitted/adjusted, and sight it in. If the bow is older than ~3 years you'll probably need new strings/cables. It can still be a much more cost effective way to get set up. Depends on what you're looking for, really, and of course overall budget.

Comment

If you can find a bow, like the diamond, that's pretty much fully adjustable, you can probably spend around $100 getting it set up for you at a bow shop...my closest one anyway. Getting arrows and broadheads will be an extra expense. Some bow shops sell used bows on consignment also. I searched the classifieds here for a couple months looking for a Z7 extreme with no luck. Pulled the trigger on a new Z3 at the bow shop and the next week the classifieds were full of Z7 extremes for less than I paid for my Z3.

Comment

If I buy a used one, do you guys think it's important to shoot the bow before you buy it or are there so many great ones now, it's not that big of a deal?

Comment

I think I would start out at an archery shop to get Draw length determined. Some shops charge a small fee for this if you are not buying from them. I would be worth it to start looking at used bows.

Comment

Just come see me. Come on man...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  This is probably your best bet!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    CCR, right?

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
                      CCR, right?

Yes sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Gateway Archery

Comment

I am getting back into archery after years away. I used to shoot a Diamond which I loved- came with arrows, release, RTS bow, etc. It was great- fit me perfectly.

I've seen a lot in magazines and online about the flagship bows. I'm not going to spend $1,200+ on a bow- that's just not affordable for me.

If I don't need a flagship bow, what can I expect to pay for everything (including arrows, fitting, release, etc.) on a RTS compound bow at a local archery shop?
                          Hoyt Torrex. @$699 ready to shoot, @$65 for arrows, @$60 for a release. The "Legend" can provide most of the fitting.

Comment

Thanks- the Torrex looks sweet.

Comment

When I was shopping recently you could get a good bow off the shelf ready to shoot in the 600-700 range.

Comment

Working...
                              X