Trophy Ridge React 5 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Ridge React 5 issues

Gentleman, I bought a Vertix a few months ago and had it set up at the bow shop. I was sold the trophy ridge react 5, it was the cheaper one with the phenolic (polymer) mount. Took me a while to gain faith in it because I was very used to sighting in each pin. Well i am now having a problem with it that I believe contributed to my lack of faith. When I get the bow out of the case or the back or it has sat for any period of time, I have to re-zero. I can still shoot 3"-5" groups at 50 yards but they are not where they need to be. I can adjust the sight and I am deadnuts on again. I initially thought it was a form issue so I have made a mental note of the anchor point as well as where the string touches my nose. Any one have any advice? Anyone have sincere faith in this sight?

I have this sight and have not had issues. Is everything tightened down on the sight? Did you sight in your 20 and then your 40 or 50yd pin as your 2 pins to sight in? If everything is tight and sighted in, there would be no issues mechanically. It would be either your form or something is loose on your sight.

After that, it could be with your arrows. Have you verified that they all weigh the same or close in grains? Maybe you have a couple of arrows that are 'flyers'. I would mark the vane of each arrow and shoot them. See if some group better than others.

Comment

When I do that, it’s all mental. You could be changing your grip from day to day, especially at 50 it doesn’t have to be off very much to make a difference

Comment

I had the same issue with the vertix.. I have a bowtech revolt x and it's dead nuts everytime I shoot it.. with the vertix it always seemed like I had to shoot 3 or 4 shots to get back to where I left off.. that bow is very picky on grip. I put a ultra view bee real grip on it and it fixed it for me.

Comment

Guys, I definitely could be changing my grip just enough. I am considering a new grip but not sure that's it. I have verified that everything is tight. The arrow is definitely not the issue as they are still grouping very tight just 4-6" from where they were the time before. As JDS247 said, it's different each time. But mine never settles back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            Guys, I definitely could be changing my grip just enough. I am considering a new grip but not sure that's it. I have verified that everything is tight. The arrow is definitely not the issue as they are still grouping very tight just 4-6" from where they were the time before. As JDS247 said, it's different each time. But mine never settles back in.
            Jon do you have another sight you could try.. I don't have experience with the sight you are using now.. something else you can try is tying a nock set or just a few knots where your nose touches the string. Like a nose button. That helped me with my long range shooting .. I was changing my anchor just enough to change my impact point. It felt the same but I couldn't tell until I tied the nose knot on my string..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              Jon do you have another sight you could try.. I don't have experience with the sight you are using now.. something else you can try is tying a nock set or just a few knots where your nose touches the string. Like a nose button. That helped me with my long range shooting .. I was changing my anchor just enough to change my impact point. It felt the same but I couldn't tell until I tied the nose knot on my string..
              Been thinking about the bowmar nose button. I shot it again today and same issue. Played with my grip trying to find something easily repeatable. Not sure if i made any ground on it but I tried. Sad thing is it shoots extremely tight groups just not always where tit needs to go. I fought this issue with the focus grip on my creed. Had the Same grip on my no cam but never experienced the issue with it. Thanks for all of the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Been thinking about the bowmar nose button. I shot it again today and same issue. Played with my grip trying to find something easily repeatable. Not sure if i made any ground on it but I tried. Sad thing is it shoots extremely tight groups just not always where tit needs to go. I fought this issue with the focus grip on my creed. Had the Same grip on my no cam but never experienced the issue with it. Thanks for all of the responses.
                I use the nose button instead of a kisser. When you buy the pack, you get 2. A small and a large. You could add them both, a nose and a kisser for not a lot of extra string weight.

Comment

Ever thought that maybe you just suck?

Comment

It's not the sight. Those pins are on a threaded shaft.....they don't move unless you make them! It's you peep circle to housing circle movement.

Comment

haven't had a single problem with mine. I suspect it may be changes in shooting form. add the nose/kisser buttons and I bet your problems get a whole lot better...

Comment

Well I can tell you it ain't the vertix! I traded mine for a v3 and although the new bow is amazing, I miss the vertix.
                        I would get a different sight and give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Ever thought that maybe you just suck?
                          On a daily basis!

Comment

Working...
                          X