X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's pick. Green beans done already.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been getting some cucumbers, green beans, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, jalapenos, serranos. This year we got rid of a bunch of roses and useless stuff and planted everywhere in the backyard. Rabbit poop has been used a lot. Cucumber in a barrel is growing great. Had to trellis it on a half cattle panel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKXlSW_waM"]Garden and Rabbit update - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Today's pick. Garden has seemed to be stunted for about a month, like a stall on a brisket, but after a few good rains it has really started putting it on. I think in a couple of weeks we won't be able to keep up with it. As of right now, it's just a few things here and there.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          I picked 3 of these buckets today, pinto snap, Roma snap, and Kentucky Blue Lake.

[ATTACH]1049313[/ATTACH]
          [emoji15]. How many did you plant? I have 1-40' row of bush beans and 1-40' row of top pick pink eyes. I'm assuming you have quite a bit more.

Comment

Today's pick

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              [emoji15]. How many did you plant? I have 1-40' row of bush beans and 1-40' row of top pick pink eyes. I'm assuming you have quite a bit more.

I don’t know, 1/4 lb maybe. The row of beans next to the corn are pintos, 2 middle rows are Blue Lake I believe (long round beans) and the one on the other side of those are Roma, they are flat beans like the pintos. I usually plant 2 rows of these but couldn’t find the seed when I was ready to plant so planted pintos instead. Found some seed about a week later though.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	A461FC59-5393-462E-9C55-E8A8C70CFFAF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	24652649

Comment

I have a Brandywine that is 6'4" with 4 tomatoes on it. I also have a Black Crim that is about 5' with 14 tomatoes on it. All of my shorter bushes are loaded. I have 22 different varieties.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Brandywine? Everything is equally fertilized.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                  I have a Brandywine that is 6'4" with 4 tomatoes on it. I also have a Black Crim that is about 5' with 14 tomatoes on it. All of my shorter bushes are loaded. I have 22 different varieties.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Brandywine? Everything is equally fertilized.
                  My brandywine last year was very slow to mature and did not throw off many tomatoes before it got too hot. They were delicious though. I think it just doesn't do well down here in the heat.

Comment

had one potato plant wilting and figured the seed potato was rotting...had 6 red potatoes including 2 alittle smaller than my fist. Had our first mess of beans we cooked on Sunday. Squash and little tomatoes are going like crazy.

after this week, I may be digging more potatoes early from all the rain.

Comment

Wife picked a few things this evening.

Comment

Bowdark- my brandywines are super tall with big leafs....no fruit.

I have a super compact tomato plant of another variety, and it has about 20 maters in it.

Not sure why the brandy isn’t producing fruit.

Comment

Help - okra is struggling. Seeds were planted well over a month ago. You can see my zucchini right next to it is thriving. Same for cucumbers. Only thing I can think of is too much water with all the rain last 2-3 weeks.
                          Ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Tex_Cattleman;15627529]Help - okra is struggling. Seeds were planted well over a month ago. You can see my zucchini right next to it is thriving. Same for cucumbers. Only thing I can think of is too much water with all the rain last 2-3 weeks.
                            Ideas?

Been too wet and cool for okra, I would get that mulch off it and hope for warmer weather. I have 20+ plants in and they are struggling as well, but when it warms up they will take off.

Comment

Thanks Chipper. Mulch is coming off and I will pray for hot days and no rain (OK not really) [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=Chipper;15627540]
                                Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                                Help - okra is struggling. Seeds were planted well over a month ago. You can see my zucchini right next to it is thriving. Same for cucumbers. Only thing I can think of is too much water with all the rain last 2-3 weeks.
                                Ideas?

Been too wet and cool for okra, I would get that mulch off it and hope for warmer weather. I have 20+ plants in and they are struggling as well, but when it warms up they will take off.
                                This. I mulch pretty much everything in the garden except okra. Also, it usually takes a while to take hold and get going(especially when wet). But once it goes, it goes! Mine is just now starting to take off after 2-3 weeks of being 'stagnant'

Comment

Working...
                                X