Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
    Wow man, that place is awesome!! Those deer don't mind eating with coons at all.
    Originally posted by Swampa View Post
    Congrats! You've got some good genes on that property
    Originally posted by Eric24 View Post
    Looks real promising good luck
    Thanks everyone With highs in the 80's this weekend more pics will be on the way!

Comment

Holy smokes! Beautiful place and great deer. Congrats!

Comment

After moving the big camo stand with the tractor last weekend I had to mow lanes to prepare for the incoming food plots. With everything I mowed this should act as one of the anchor plots towards the middle of the property. To the front I have about a 350 yard shot and out the back door it is around 120.
        Attached Files

Comment

There is a large opening that runs about 250 yards long and is only about 75 yards wide. I have placed a box stand, bow stand and feeder at this location for the up coming season. This location will also act as an anchor plot. Shortly after closing I threw out some sunflower seeds to see if they would take and it worked out really well! Hope getting the wheat and oats to grow will be this easy!
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome place! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for you this season.

Comment

This is a new location where I have decided to put a new bow stand. It is fairly close to the protein feeder, but not on it. I am set up just to the south of it where all the trails come out of what seems to be a bedding area. The tall, lone tree in the first pic will be the location of the tree stand and the other pictures are areas that I cleared with the tractor to open things up. With the protein feeder full and a set of longer legs we will see if the boys still choose it as their favorite feeding location.
              Attached Files

Comment

Love the place! You keep hitting the jackpot!

Comment

Congrats that's all I have to say. Everyone else said it all. When is first TBH party

Comment

Awesome place congrats! I would look into getting different protein feeders there seems to be a lot of waist hitting the ground and the coons love you so they don't have to climb LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      Congrats! You've got some good genes on that property
                      Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                      Holy smokes! Beautiful place and great deer. Congrats!
                      Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                      Awesome place! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for you this season.
                      Originally posted by 1RutNBuc View Post
                      Love the place! You keep hitting the jackpot!
                      Thanks everyone

Originally posted by Neyber89 View Post
                      Congrats that's all I have to say. Everyone else said it all. When is first TBH party
                      I think it is a little outside most of the guys travel range

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      Awesome place congrats! I would look into getting different protein feeders there seems to be a lot of waist hitting the ground and the coons love you so they don't have to climb LOL!
                      That is why got a set of longer legs, the protein feeder is one left by the previous land owner, so just trying to make use out of what I can We will see if it works

Comment

All of the target bucks are finishing out nicely!

1. Is the 15 pt, if I am counting correctly,with the long tines.

2. Is the wide 10 pt. I have him close to 20 on the inside. What are yall's thoughts as to spread?

3. Is the narrow 10 pt. He is older and mature and has seen his better days.

Feel free to give your thoughts as to what you think
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Darton; 08-12-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

More finishing pics. After clearing and establishing a new stand close to the protein feeder it seems even after clearing that it hasn't effected their movements With any luck they will still maintain their schedule on the 1st of October!
                          Attached Files

Comment

The longer legs on the protein feeder has fixed the coon and pig problem. They can on mop up the scraps now

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Thanks! Those coons are about to meet Duke's hand traps!

Comment

Hold out for #1 buck. He's a brute.

Comment

Working...
                                X