Colorado Elk Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Elk Archery

BOOM! I'm in! Who else!? I know of one other TBHer that's in and he's an elk killer!

This will be my first rodeo and I'm jacked up about it! Already knocked out my first weighted backpack stairmaster climb after a work out. I'm nowhere near in elk shape, but I will be come September![emoji869][emoji123][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunch of us
      Multiple threads going atm.
      Archery & 2nd rifle, can't wait.

Comment

Just bought another point this year. Going to Wyoming, Arizona and Montana so Co will wait until next year. Good luck!

Comment

Congrats fellas. I have no clue where to begin. My thoughts are everywhere about it. Ultra light gear, packs, necessities, camping equipment, calls, fitness etc. I've been on a stair stepper everyday with a weighted pack 25/35lbs and it's been an eye opener!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              Congrats fellas. I have no clue where to begin. My thoughts are everywhere about it. Ultra light gear, packs, necessities, camping equipment, calls, fitness etc. I've been on a stair stepper everyday with a weighted pack 25/35lbs and it's been an eye opener!

Wait till you step it up to 50

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                Wait till you step it up to 50
                50 And a 25lb weighted vest! I'm all about it![emoji869]

Comment

Better work those hip flexors and abductors and adductors. Blowdown will tax them way more than that stair stepper.

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    Better work those hip flexors and abductors and adductors. Blowdown will tax them way more than that stair stepper.

Good luck !

Great advice, I did not even think of that. Thanks! Anything in particular you do to train for that?

Comment

I did a ton of low cable work for both back in my heavy lifting days. Side leg raises, Cossack squats , wide leg squats, step overs etc.
                      Stepping up and over logs with branches is not just a straight forward step, you'll be sweeping your leg over not always up in front and over.

Comment

I did a ton of low cable work for both back in my heavy lifting days. Side leg raises, Cossack squats , wide leg squats, step overs etc.
                        Stepping up and over logs with branches is not just a straight forward step, you'll be sweeping your leg over not always up in front and over.

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck!!

Comment

I just moved here in January and ill be out there for 8 days in september! Be cool if I ran into some fellow TBHers

Comment

Already making plans for next September (2022). Will be my first Elk hunt.

Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X