EZGO Hog stalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZGO Hog stalker

Picked up this older EZGO TXT locally to sneak around the farm and snipe hogs with my 6.8 SPC & Pulsar thermal.
    And use to/from the stand during deer. season.

Was in great shape but batteries were shot, only last a couple of miles. With the hi-Torq motor, SPM speed controller upgrade, lift kit , camo wrap back seat/ bed and wheel/tires I still came out ahead.

Ordered a bunch of parts on Amazon and picked up 6 new Rolls 8v batteries from local cart shop. He gave me an old tan roof and the struts for free. Front strut was slightly damaged and roof bolt holes cracked. Nothing a fender washer wouldn’t fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Hix; 03-21-2021, 09:25 PM.

EZGO Hog stalker

Re-wired most of the wiring when i swapped batteries. Added a separate 12v deep cycle battery for lights, 12v usb charging for phone, thermal scope and to power the winch I’ll add up front.

Painted the roof, got it bolted up, added a 30” white/ low glow amber LED light bar and a pair of square LED rear facing lights.

Installed new windshield, rear view mirror, dash basket and fender flares.

Got a new steering box on the way (worn out and full of slack) and steering wheel. A pair of Kolpin mounts on each side of the roof to hold carbon fiber tripods for quick access when setting up to shoot pigs.

Will be fabricating 2 forward facing gun mounts on each side of the floor/ firewall with upper u-magnet mounts from Cojo Mfg. to keep AR-15 handy for scanning at night and getting setup on pigs fast, a dual rifle mount above the front seat for long guns & a bow mount above the back seat... when the parts arrive.

First night out we killed 7 hogs and a coon and took it through some wet areas with no issues. The low glow amber lights gives just enough light to navigate around while scanning fields and feeders with thermal undetected.

More to come as I finish it out.

Last edited by Hix; 03-21-2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Nice rig man. Love using my cart to sneak up on animals.

Comment

Silent assassin, love the rig

Comment

Slick ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All done

Comment

looks awesome, well done.

Comment

nice work

Comment

Man that’s cool

Comment

Which kolpin mounts did you use for the tripod holders? Looks nice.

Comment

Bad azz rig bro, gonna be a killin machine !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                        Which kolpin mounts did you use for the tripod holders? Looks nice.

Those are actually fire extinguisher mounts from Quick Fists. They make a lot of cool mounts that last. I attached them with toggle bolts.

In case any one is wondering.
                        The gun mounts are from Cojo mfg. out of Louisiana. Bottom mount is there universal assperatus and top is called the u magnet special ordered from them as a single item.
                        I fabbed my own brackets and added a bungee and cabinet knob to secure when driving on rough rodes although the magnets are plenty strong.

Comment

EZGO Hog stalker

Hooked my buddy up on the passenger side as well to accommodate his long barrel Anderson 6.5 Grendel and pulsar XP50
                          Have a matching tripod mount as well on the roof.

Last edited by Hix; 05-03-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

New wheels & tires... slipped around last night with my thermal but no pigs were spotted. Sniped 4 coons off feeders.

Comment

sweet rig

Comment

Working...
                              X