Cataract surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
    Wanted to resurrect this thread because I go in Thursday morning for my cataract surgery.

SOTX and WildThings: How did it go?
    Good luck BBB, The surgery is a snap really, but don’t get lazy about putting in your eye drops. The drops really help your eyes to heal without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
      Wanted to resurrect this thread because I go in Thursday morning for my cataract surgery.

SOTX and WildThings: How did it go?
      Piece of cake

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
        I've had both eyes done, they replaced the lenses and I could see as soon as I left and went to work the next day. They did one at a time, two weeks apart.
        This, game changer

Comment

I had cataract surgery 12 yrs ago. It was a game changer. About 4 yrs later I had a vitreous detachment in my left eye & had to have a vitrectomy because of all the floaters that obstructed my vision. Two yrs after that same thing in other eye. Both of those surgeries were pretty invasive but successful. Now have developed a secondary cataract in right eye which is pretty common. Going in for a simple Lasik procedure next week to clear that up. Bottom line there is the potential for other issues down the road. Not to alarm anyone just to wanted to inform you of other complications that can arise. I will say if I had to do it all over again I would because vision is better now than before I got the cataract surgery.

Good luck

Comment

I am so glad to read some of these replies, I go Friday to finalize everything and schedule the surgery. One thing no one responded on is I have high pressure in my eyes. They also want to install a duct in each eye to relieve the pressure. Anybody have that done?

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              I've had both eyes done, they replaced the lenses and I could see as soon as I left and went to work the next day. They did one at a time, two weeks apart.
              Pulled the trigger on Panoptical Lenses, $$$$. One of the main benefits of PanOptix Trifocals lenses is easier reading, without having to also wear reading glasses. With other similar trifocal brands, reading can be harder because of the intermediate vision. However, PanOptix allows for sharper middle and close vision to make reading and up-close tasks much easier. Fare vision is great too. Both eyes are 20/15
              Attached Files

Comment

Had my test done yesterday and they also found I have a good chance of glaucoma so I have to go back next week for a glaucoma test. Then the decision of which lense.

Comment

Had mine done last year pre-covid. I need readers for very small print. 20/15 distance. As was aid before everything is brighter so sunglasses a must.

Comment

I haven't, but the wife recently had both done. A couple things from her:
                    Improved vision was almost instantaneous.
                    Being diabetic, she chose not to get the fancy lens that requires no reading glasses afterwards. Our optometrist friend said that if you get that one and develop diabetic retinopathy there is little they can do to help.
                    Also from the optometrist - no longer do you have to look for the surgeon with the steadiest hands. Now you find the one who is able to push a button, as it's all done with computers now.

Comment

Did anyone have an astigmatism when they had their cataract surgery done? If so, did you get a cataract replacement lens that properly accounted for the astigmatism? What was name of the lens?

Did anyone have to get Lasik or PRK after the cataract lens replacement?

I had cataract surgery on my right eye about 6 years ago. After the cataract surgery, I could only see close up. The doctors significantly overcorrected for my astigmatism. I ended up having to have a Lasik procedure done a couple moths later. After the Lasik, I had to have a PRK procedure done as well a few months after it. Then, I needed retina peel. I think the retina peel might have been needed because of all the trauma my eye sustained as a result of the overcorrection of my astigmatism and ensuing procedures. The vision in my right eye is good considering all the work done to it.

I now need cataract surgery in my left eye. I am hesitant because of everything I went through with my right eye. Any recommendation for a cataract surgeon in the Houston area? I have researched online a lot, but am interested in your experiences.

Comment

Douglas Koch is a good one.

Comment

Old guy in is early 80's I hunt with got it done and loves it. Said didnt hurt at all, was back in the saddle the next day.

Comment

Yes sir, I had both eyes done. The ducts relieve the pressure in the eyes caused by glaucoma. No problems here.
                            Originally posted by Berretta Man View Post
                            I am so glad to read some of these replies, I go Friday to finalize everything and schedule the surgery. One thing no one responded on is I have high pressure in my eyes. They also want to install a duct in each eye to relieve the pressure. Anybody have that done?

Comment

Working...
                            X