Jasper Precision Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jasper Precision Tools

I purchased some purpleheart and marblewood a few days ago to make 4 cigar ashtrays. Part of what I wanted to do was inlay the marblewood in the center of the purpleheart. I figured the best way to do this was to use a jig, so I purchased the Circle Pro 200 Max from Jasper Precision Tools.

About 5 minutes after I had attached it to the router, the router fell and snapped the plastic in 2. (Anger and rage ensued!)

I was looking at the wrapper it came in and noticed a warranty. I thought to myself, "Surely they won't accept the warranty registration. It broke and I haven't even owned it a few days." I went to their website and saw how to process a warranty (it was simply send them an email.) I did that at 11 pm and by midnight they had already responded. No questions asked, just send a picture of the break for their engineering dept and they would send a new one.

The new one came in the mail yesterday, sent from AZ on Friday... very quick. I don't think I could have been happier with the company for something that was my fault. In the package they included a letter which said their small, family-owned business relies only on word of mouth. With that, I felt obligated to post my 5-star experience and share them with you all who may be DIY'ers and woodworkers. https://jaspertools.com/

Nice!! That looks like great jig.

Comment

obligation satisfied.

and that is mighty good of those folks too

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        obligation satisfied.

and that is mighty good of those folks too
        I agree! Hope you are doing well Mark.

Tried to post a pic of the first circle but too large a file. You will have to use your imagination!

Comment

Great customer service.

In for pics of the ashtrays.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Great customer service.

In for pics of the ashtrays.
            I have not notched out the cigar rest but here we are right now. Trying to figure if a drill press would be more efficient than carving it without breaking it or tearing it up.
            Attached Files

Comment

dang you! Thanks for making me buy another tool. Great work by the way.

Comment

Brutiful!

Comment

And with the bowl notched out for a cigar...
                  Going to try to upload on tapatalk...

Comment

Here ya go

The one thing I have already started to do different is I plugged up those cracks which more resin. Went with a deep purple mixed with black pigment. Too dark, so added some purple dye. What I got really popped... I am excited to see it with the rest of the Marble wood.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful work!

Comment

Working...
                      X