No announcement yet.

Help Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could get a boy from south of the border to do it for 10-12 bucks a hour and work his azz off.

Comment

It depends on if you want someone long-term or are content with a high turnover rate and lower quality workers. Someone fresh out of school may be content with $30k, but it you want a good hand and somebody that is likely to stay around a while, you'll need $40k minimum. Even a retiree would likely still want $40+.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
        It depends on if you want someone long-term or are content with a high turnover rate and lower quality workers. Someone fresh out of school may be content with $30k, but it you want a good hand and somebody that is likely to stay around a while, you'll need $40k minimum. Even a retiree would likely still want $40+.

Ideally, I’d like a $30k guy that turns into a $40k guy or more by gaining knowledge and responsibilities. Ideally, I want a guy that commutes that’ll eventually turn into someone I’d build a house for them to live in, on site or close by. Seems everyone is holding out for a management position, when what I need is a strong back and honest work ethic.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          50K - 60K would be like a management position and someone that needs limited supervision, directs hired hands and also conducts wildlife survey, identifies and directs habitat improvement projects, infrastructure maintenance projects, wildlife management projects, works with biologist and handles permits, and responsible for client/ hunter relations if the ranch is commercially hunted. For that level of pay they should have hands on experience in maintaining wildlife programs and knowledge of wildlife management techniques and the ability to evaluate habitat, collect data and keep records.

For a full time ranch hand or groundskeeper, 30K-40K, salary dependent on experience and skills. This would be an employee under supervision that assists with habitat management projects, infrastructure maintenance and equipment maintenance.

Housing, ranch vehicles, hunting opportunities, insurance and paid vacation are all extra benefits.

My guy lives in your second paragraph.[emoji6] No wildlife mgmt, no cattle, no clients, no subordinates and I deal with biologist.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I’ll add.....Experience working in the marsh would be good, since that what my pastures look like right now. Lots of rain lately!

Brother, ain’t that the truth. It keeps on I’m going to need a boat to get to the back of my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you all for a good range of information.

Comment

There is about 20,000 a week coming across the rio grande

Comment

Working...
                X