plumbing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plumbing issue

We are on a septic system. It was just emptied. I have an issue with my master bathroom. After someone takes a shower or bath, it smells like the septic system in the bathroom. The smell seems to come up through the sinks. I have tried to run water down them and it still smells. My thought is that the vent through the roof is clogged up with something (bird?) and this isn't allowing the air to go out the vent when the water is going into the septic system. Does this sound right? What else could it be? This is an old school septic system. One pipe going into to a tank. No vents, sprinklers, etc.

Or it could be going out the vent and hanging around that area, somehow getting back in. Do you smell it outside?
    You can drop a smoke bomb in the septic tank, then take a shower and see where the smoke goes. How far is the tank from the house?

Comment

Pee Trap should prevent the smell from coming back.

Vent pipe may be busted inside the wall.

Comment

Sounds like a vent has came lose etc as mentioned if this is the only place it smells. I have seen this smoke bomb method used at my place of employment once and they did find the vent pipe leaking in the wall.

Comment

Do you Have an wall clean out in your bathroom could be uncapped, is it cast iron for pvc could have a cracked vent

Comment

The septic tank is about 30 yards past the far side of the house. So it is about 60 yards away. There is a clean out under the sink. Above the bathroom is attic and the vent is just pushed together in there . They are not glued together. Maybe they came apart.

I don't smell anything outside. The house is a two story on the edge of a cliff. We have great air flow outside.

Comment

User name checks out?.......

Comment

Working...
              X