Kerr WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr WMA

Heading to Kerr tomorrow for drawn turkey hunt, anyone ever hunted there before or got any tips?
    Thanks

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Hunted derr ther a couple of times and couldn't keep corn on the ground once turkeys found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
      Heading to Kerr tomorrow for drawn turkey hunt, anyone ever hunted there before or got any tips?
      Thanks

Good luck hunted there 6 years ago more hens then gobblers. I think we hunted the love pasture if I remember right. There was a water tank by the high fence. The guy in our group that drew the straw for the water was the only guy to kill a bird.

Comment

Been several years, but this is where I called in my first ever and killed a Turkey at. On the very last morning, ended up having 4 toms come in to my calling. My brother killed his in the first 45 minutes of the hunt. Don’t remember which compartment but kinda in the far back. Also did a couple archery hunts and was in the Bobcat pasture both times. Seen a lot of turkeys there too.

Comment

Spent the afternoon out there today. Heard a fair amount of gobbling but it was far off. I think only one bird killed today.

First hunt had 16 hunters with 6 birds killed

Comment

Stay mobile, stalking and calling while looking for roosts to set up on the next morning if not successful. Located, moved in, called in and killed a gobbler there a while back doing this.

Comment

Day two was super windy and birds were generally quiet. I didn't hear any shots and no new birds were checked by the time i left at 745. 4 hours to go on Thursday

Comment

Working...
              X