No announcement yet.

Need Roofing 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in Cleveland I can check it out today.
    Will Cox Roofing

Willard Cox
    Call or text
    713 851 4977

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We also install gutters. I can give you a good price for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

haha, I read this whole post, every comment, getting ready to quote and share my thoughts until I saw it was from 2019 and some jackwad had just bumped it up with a spam post

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
          haha, I read this whole post, every comment, getting ready to quote and share my thoughts until I saw it was from 2019 and some jackwad had just bumped it up with a spam post

Yeah same here. I was all confused. We fixed his leaks and a couple extra shingles for good measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            We build what I consider a very good roof.
            The following is what I would do on my house or my mama's house.
            1 remove shingles
            2 check deck for soft spots or improper nailing
            3 "Very important " use ice and water shield at all valleys crickets and chimneys. ice and water Shield seals around the nails whereas metal flashing does not
            4 make sure chimneys have a cricket
            5 install synthetic felt
            6 install Starter
            7 Install shingles, 6 nails per shingle, hand driven, Electro galvanized or stainless. Hot dip galvanized have Jagged edges and can allow shingles to tear.
            8 now's the time to deal with proper venting.

I would be happy to give you a bid, but whomever builds your roof make sure they follow these specs.

Charles 832 654 8201 owner @ Competitive Designs
            This is what I would do, particularly the hand nailing. None of the roofers take the time to keep their nail guns correctly adjusted. They are either under driving or over driving. Either one makes the shingles vulnerable in a wind storm. I have Certain Teed. Owens Corning would be at the bottom of my list.

Comment

Fargus, well, sometimes it's much easier to clean the roof and make something like a renovation for that, and for that attic, that will be right under it (if it's bad only in certain areas of the roof). Talking of which, you can click here to find out more about cleaning the roof and how much may it cost for different roof types. It has a lot of roof-related articles, about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                We build what I consider a very good roof.
                The following is what I would do on my house or my mama's house.
                1 remove shingles
                2 check deck for soft spots or improper nailing
                3 "Very important " use ice and water shield at all valleys crickets and chimneys. ice and water Shield seals around the nails whereas metal flashing does not
                4 make sure chimneys have a cricket
                5 install synthetic felt
                6 install Starter
                7 Install shingles, 6 nails per shingle, hand driven, Electro galvanized or stainless. Hot dip galvanized have Jagged edges and can allow shingles to tear.
                8 now's the time to deal with proper venting.

I would be happy to give you a bid, but whomever builds your roof make sure they follow these specs.

Charles 832 654 8201 owner @ Competitive Designs
                Everything above plus don’t use a company named 314 Construction. The hand nailing is particularly important. Most roofers will not spend the time to set up nail guns correctly. Nails are either over driven or under driven. I’m

Comment

Working...
                X