Question for School Administrators - Spring Break 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for School Administrators - Spring Break 2021

OK, I'm trying to do some long range planning for a family vacation during Spring Break 2021.

How do the school districts select the week that Spring Break takes place?

From looking at historical calendars it's generally the 2nd full week of March. For 2021 this should be the week of March 8th. But was hoping for some input from anyone who has some experience with this before I drop some serious money on a deposit and then miss it by a week...

I've tried for a few years to book this place and it fills up immediately, so trying to finally get a head of the game this time.

Thanks for any help.

Make memories whether or not school is in session. We took ours out for a week to drive to disney world and back. Brought the assignments they were gonna miss with us and they did them in the car so they didnt miss grades.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
      Make memories whether or not school is in session. We took ours out for a week to drive to disney world and back. Brought the assignments they were gonna miss with us and they did them in the car so they didnt miss grades.
      done this as well and they didn't miss a beat. got to remember that schoolteachers/administrators are humans too, and most of them parents themselves. I struck a cord on this by writing a lengthy letter about tradition/sportsmanship/critical time spent with father (since im divorced from their mother)/and a host of other important aspects to dove hunting opening day with me and missing school that day. Now, when sept 1 falls on a school day, its counted as an excused absence.

Comment

The School Board of your district ultimately votes on and approves the Calendar. Typical process is for the District/Campus Administrators to elicit feedback from the community and propose 2-3 different calendar versions, then propose the best fit for the community to the School Board.
        -Definitely engage in that survey/feedback.

As far as Spring Break, there is typically not a lot of movement on it, but there are a lot of factors that play into it - Local Colleges and their Spring Break, Other Districts and their's as well. It is generally a ripple effect on when everyone determines their Spring Break.

Also, as far as timing, they produce the calendar about a Year in advance.

Comment

It's your children and your life. Take your kids out for a week if necessary and don't regret one minute of it. Your kids will be out of the house before you know it.

Your school principal or superintendent will tell you all sorts of "scare tactics" to avoid it, but in reality, they can't do a ****ed thing about it unless you make it a common practice in the same year.

Comment

Call the school. The calendars have already been set for next year.

Comment

Not all school districts do it, but our school board has approved calendars for the 19-20 and 20-21 school years. Check with the administrative office for your school district and see if the calendar has been approved by the board yet.

Comment

I’d book the place now no mater what. Then wait on the school calendar- of it lines up great, if not it’s your decision on what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As stated above, there shouldn't be a move from one week to another. Most districts will follow a nearby college calendar and/or large district (if 1, 3, or 3a). Chances are the district has a couple of calendar plans in the making. Call and talk with district admin.

Comment

Our school districts is populated by idiots, Lamar Consolidated. They sent out a survey of two calendars. Parents and staff overwhelmingly picked one calendar, school district decided to go with the other one. So I don’t trust these fools.

Thanks for the input so far, keep it coming.

Comment

I would book it and wait for the calendar to come out. Many schools are striving for a spring with 2 one week breaks. That is usually one in late February and another in mid April, about 6 weeks later and that will leave 6 weeks until school is out.

This format is catching on in many places.

Comment

Working...
                      X