RayBob area pig shot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RayBob area pig shot..

I thought I put a pretty good shot on a lone boar yesterday evening right at dark. Please excuse the poor video, it was right at "too dark to get good video but too light to use my pig light" so its grainy as heck. Anyway, I tucked it right behind the front shoulder quartering away and hit what I thought was the opposite shoulder. I could see him crash into a tree in the woods following my lighted knock. It was there I found my arrow missing 8" of carbon shaft and 2.5" of Magnus Black Hornet broadhead with heavy lung blood and bubbles with similar lung blood on the ground.. I tracked him for 200+ yards through some heavy heavy thicket and briars that I probably shouldn't have been in by myself at 11pm with an un-found shot pig. But.. it was the first animal with my new bow and I really wanted to find it. Its amazing what those bastages can get though. Took me close to 2 hours for the whole ordeal... Unfortunately I ran out of blood and real estate and the mosquitoes were eating me alive so I gave up. Place is heavy with coyotes so he's probably rib bones now somewhere. Anyway, I'd have thought he'd have been down with in 50 yards after rewatching the video and seeing the arrow. Tough summidges.. What do y'all think about the shot??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cVg-TLxjA"]SloMo pig shot 6/14/19 - YouTube[/ame]

Video looked like dead pig walking. Well, running.
    They are tough though.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      Video looked like dead pig walking. Well, running.

They are tough though.

Agreed. Got bored and put this together to see shot multiple times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYiY7Vn8ffs"]SloMo of shot 61419 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Maybe a hair back

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          Maybe a hair back

Aight.....let's hear why?. I'm open to suggestions or explanations. I have sent the video to several friends. He's quartering away ...most say dead pig walking like above and some are saying it might be too tight to the front onside leg that's also forward. .. You are the first to say a touch back.

The frothy blood on the arrow would suggest I got this side lung.
          Last edited by Smart; 06-15-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

The answer is...because sometimes weird stuff happens. All looks and sounds like you did it right...they just go further sometimes than they should be able to.

Probly 20 yards from where you quit.

Oh well, at least it’s just a hog![emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it’s a touch back also. Dead pig, but probably went along ways.

Comment

RayBob area pig shot..

Slightly quartered or almost broadside I’m not seeing a touch back ... care to explain what y’all are seeing and what you think I missed?

Last edited by Smart; 06-17-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  The answer is...because sometimes weird stuff happens. All looks and sounds like you did it right...they just go further sometimes than they should be able to.

Probly 20 yards from where you quit.

Oh well, at least it’s just a hog![emoji1360]

True very true. On all counts.

Comment

Looks like a dead pig to me. Quartering away and pretty much lined up with the offside leg, should be a dead pig in my eyes. Weird stuff happens though.

Maybe his right leg came back when you released and cause the arrow to deflect back some missing the goods?

Comment

I think just the opposite. Dead pig but if 6" to the left, sub 100 yd recovery and probably a passthru..

And like stated..... stuff happens. I've seen smoked critters run a mile and bad hits go down in 40 yds.

Its huntn.

Comment

Shot looked good to me!!!! I would have guessed that sucker would have died in 50yards or so.

I don’t have an answer but shot placement looked spot on. Crazy deal!!!!

Comment

That pig was dead within a few minutes. Had you had more real estate and less brush you would have found him.

Comment

Did you give him time to lay up, or did you start tracking right away ? Once they know they are being followed they will put a lot of distance on quick. Shot looks good me, can’t believe he made it more then 100 yd. Even though the coyotes probably got him, did you look the next morning, buzzards or any thing ? Those are one animal you don’t want to start the high fives and backslapping until you have your hands on them. They some times defy all logic.

Comment

Looks good to me! All your killing mojo was in the rest you mailed me

Comment

Working...
                              X